Healthcare Digital Transformation
Improving processes and performance
- PODCAST SERIES The Health PulseView our podcasts on varying topics and listen at your leisure as we discuss anything from the next evolution of clinical trials to improving maternal health - the choice is yours
- WEBPAGE Microsoft Azure and SASBetter together: SAS and Microsoft are accelerating the power of AI for everyone
- CUSTOMER STORY Process Automation halves WorkloadSAS helps the health care sector gain insights into hospital acquired patient injuries
- PAPER Predictive Analytics Shaping the Future of Medicaid ProgramsThe transformational power of analytics improves lives
- WEBPAGE Cloud Computing for Health CareIncrease flexibility and interoperability in a public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructure
- INFOGRAPHIC Analytic interoperability in Health Care
- INFOGRAPHIC Value-based healthcare: The NHS speaks out
- OPINION PAPER The NHS Confederation’s Decisions of Value: A missed opportunity for change? Driving value in the NHS Culture or data first?
Fighting Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- ARTICLE Working collaboratively to tackle NHS FraudA recent roundtable hosted by National Health Executive brough experts together to talk through the challenges faced by the NHS.
- PAPER Finding the Billions down the back of the NHS SofaLearn more around how optimising spend can benefit NHS organisations and society as a whole.
- SOLUTION BRIEF Detect and prevent Medicaid fraud and improper payments to improve your state budgetMedicaid spending grew 3.9 percent to $565.5 billion in 2016, or 17 percent of total US National Health Expenditure
- CUSTOMER STORY Dental Insurer takes Bite out of FraudSAS helps DentaQuest properly allocate funds and improve patient outcomes
- VIDEO Uncover Procurement Risks Early using Machine Learning and AIKeep control of contracts, invoices and outsourcing in the NHS and local authorities
- VIDEO Fraud in Five | Contact TracingWatch Vice President of Fraud & Security Intelligence Stu Bradley and Director of the Public Sector and Financial Services Practice Dr. Steve Bennett discuss how SAS is helping government and health organizations fight the spread of COVID-19 through contact tracing
- INFOGRAPHIC Procurement FraudA big problem that’s worse than most organizations think
- RESEARCH REPORT How Smart Analytics can stop Procurement FraudFindings from 850 business leaders across EMEA
Improving Patient Care
- CUSTOMER STORY NHS England explores the Potential for Analytics to Improve Patient CareEye-opening insights into healthcare needs across the population
- PRODUCT BRIEF SAS Health: Episode Builder
- BLOG Blog postHow can the NHS combat hospital-acquired infections once and for all?
- VIDEO SAS Healthcare Solutions Combat Hospital-Acquired Infections and Ensure Patient Safety1 in 10 patients contract infections while at hospital, leading to longer hospital stays and added health risk – even death
- CUSTOMER STORY Providing rich insight to help clinicians lead the fight against cancerPromoting better outcomes for people with cancer
- BLOG Blog postSmall steps: why patient flow could help to reduce bed-blocking
- CUSTOMER STORY Advancing mental health care with predictive analyticsSAS enables a data-driven approach to health treatment and hospital operations
Enhancing Healthcare Support
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR Defusing a digital baby boomer time bombWhy data, analytics and AI are key to the future of workforce design, retention and optimisation in the UK Public Sector
- OPINION PAPER Fit for the Future - Optimise your workforce with data-driven insightsDigital disruption. An ageing workforce. Ever-changing political landscape. There are many factors in play within the public sector. How can you navigate to a position of empowerment?
- WEBPAGE HR AnalyticsThe power to optimise your workforce is within reach
Driving Healthcare Efficiencies and Effectiveness with AI
- BLOG AI in the Health Care IndustryTechnological advancements are changing every industry – and the health care industry is no exception.
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR Using Machine Learning to Predict Stent FailureAn AI use case in the healthcare industry. Have you ever wondered where Machine Learning can fit into the healthcare industry to make medical procedures more safe and effective?
- BLOG My personal impact of AIArtificial intelligence has great potential to improve the lives of so many people, especially in the health sector.
- CUSTOMER STORY Advancing Mental Health are with Predictive AnalyticsCanada’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health uses SAS® Analytics to improve care and streamline hospital operations.
- CUSTOMER STORY Health breakthroughs driven by DNA analysisCommunity-based genetics study uses SAS® machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve population health in Nevada.
- CUSTOMER STORY Artificial Intelligence Provides an Overview of Hospital-Acquired InfectionsHigh-quality AI technologies and deep insights are backbone for the first complete system for monitoring infections.
- VIDEO SAS Case: Monitoring and predicting Hospital Acquired Infections at Hospital LillebæltTogether with SAS Institute, Lillebælt Hospital in Denmark has developed a new monitoring system that shows hospital-acquired infections and enable the hospital to quantify how many patients catch an infection while being hospitalized.
Analytics Solutions for Navigating the Impacts of COVID-19
- WEBPAGE Covid-19 Healthcare Page At the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic response and recovery, one of the best protections is prediction. SAS can help.
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR Finding Resources in the Chaos: Lessons Learned About Medical Resource OptimizationThis webinar, part of our Analytics in 20 series, discusses how analytics can inform an optimum hospital restarting plan by allocating resources effectively.
- ON-DEMAND WEBINAR Using Analytics to Uncover Hidden Insights in the COVID-19 OutbreakThis webinar, part of our Analytics in 20 series, will show how analytics techniques like optimization, forecasting and epidemiological modeling can help public health and life sciences companies fight the pandemic.
Data Science in Healthcare
- PROCEEDING A Data-driven Approach to Understand Mild Cognitive Impairment from Imbalanced Data Using SASCognitive decline has emerged as a significant threat to both public health and personal welfare, and mild cognitive decline/impairment (MCI) can further develop into Dementia/Alzheimer’s disease.
- PROCEEDING Automate Patient Safety Survey PDF Report ProductionThe Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Surveys on Patient Safety Culture (SOPS™) assess staff's views about their organizational culture for patient safety every two years.
- PROCEEDING Cracking Cryptic Doctors’ Notes with SAS® PRX FunctionsThis paper introduces one of many SAS tools available to analyze free text variables – the PRX functions which use Perl regular expressions.
- PROCEEDING Computer-Aided Diagnosis System for Breast Ultrasound Images Using Deep LearningThe purpose of this study was to develop a computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) system for the classification of malignant and benign breast masses using ultrasonography based on a convolutional neural network (CNN), a state-of-the-art deep learning technique.
- PROCEEDING Creating Episodes of Care and Finding Coverage Gaps with Administrative Medical RecordsAnalysis and research on administrative healthcare data often involve the manipulation of multiple records with contiguous or overlapping date fields.
- VIDEO Forecasting Healthcare Statistics At the Cleveland ClinicOf utmost importance to managing a hospital system is a thorough understanding of key volumes. As the analytical culture develops at the Cleveland Clinic, we see a shift from reactive decision making to proactive decision making.
- PROCEEDING Medical Image Analyses in SAS Viya with Applications in Automatic Tissue Morphometry in the ClinicImaging and image analytics are indispensable tools in clinical medicine today. Among the various metrics that doctors routinely derive from images, measures of the morphology of tissue structures, including their shape and size, are of key significance.