Britons are expected to spend £518m more on Christmas this year compared to 2012.
Yet despite Christmas traditionally being about the giving and receiving of presents, what people really want this year is money.
Key findings from this paper by SAS and retail analysts Conlumino are:
- Retail spending over Christmas up nearly three per cent on 2012
- Money is the most popular Christmas gift
- Spend shifting from traditional toys to high-end technology gifts such as tablets
- A good bottle of wine is the perfect gift for over a third of Britons
- Value supermarkets take on M&S and Waitrose with quality ranges
Christmas 2013: Market prospects, trends and winning strategies gives the full story about what will happen in the UK retail sector this Christmas.
SAS® is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. We have worked with literally thousands of marketing executives in many industries. Take a look at our Customer Intelligence suite.