What will happen to UK retail in 2014?
UK consumer confidence is improving but remains slow. Despite predictions for the highest growth in retail for six years, the 2014 recovery will be held back by high personal debt levels, negative headwinds from other parts of the global economy and inflation.
SAS and Conlumino have focused on the 2014 predictions in this report. If you are in retail or just curious what may be ahead of us in the next year for UK consumers, download the report.
Key findings from this paper by SAS and retail analysts Conlumino show that:
- Essentials will represent vanguard of retail growth
- Food, clothing & footwear and health & beauty set to be best performing sectors
- Retailers need to develop low, medium and high value product ranges
- Multichannel retailers need to recognise the evolving role of physical stores
- Consumers becoming more considered in approach, looking for value and quality
RETAIL IN 2014: TRENDS AND WINNING STRATEGIES gives the full story about what will happen in the UK retail sector in 2014.
SAS® is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. We have worked with literally thousands of marketing executives in many industries. Take a look at our Customer Intelligence suite.