Getting the Right People on the Big Data Bus:
When considering the challenges businesses face in today’s evolving digital world, business leaders expect that big data will drive big change. And it likely will. But as with most technical revolutions, the golden trifecta of business transformation – people, process and technology – is critical. The challenge is that the three pieces of the beloved transformation trinity aren’t equal when it comes to big data. This is because embracing big data to become a data-driven company is not a single transformation initiative. It is an ongoing progression of change. While process and technology certainly play a role in this evolution, the shift in culture is solely dependent on the people. And that’s what this paper is all about.
Anatomy of an Analytic Enterprise:
Anatomy of An Analytic Enterprise by Kimberly Nevala defines what it means to foster an analytics culture by highlighting the critical characteristics of and barriers to success. Based on some real-life success stories, the paper focuses on cultural and organizational dimensions of analytics programs, using the “anatomy” metaphor to highlight foundational solutions and skills.
Foundations for Data Monetization:
This white paper is an extension of a research briefing from MIT CISR, Six Sources of Value for Information Businesses. It offers a deeper dive into the data monetization research of MIT CISR and SAS. It describes a classification for information offerings, non-negotiable business capabilities required for data monetization, facets of information business cultures and areas of potential competitive advantage.
TDWI Hadoop for the Enterprise:
This report sheds light on the many new products, technologies and trends surrounding Hadoop, including:
- Business and technology drivers for Hadoop.
- Hadoop’s benefits and barriers.
- Organizational practices for Hadoop.
- Current and future applications, platforms and tools.
- Best practices and top priorities for enterprise Hadoop.
Plus, the report includes a list of some of the top vendor platforms in the Hadoop ecosystem.
TDWI Self Service Data Big Data Preparation in the Age of Hadoop:
Is there a skills gap in your organization when it comes to managing Hadoop? Have you experienced delays in preparing and exploring big data?
Those days are over.
Learn how SAS® Data Loader for Hadoop enables business users – along with data scientists and IT – to access, profile, transform and cleanse Hadoop data. The best part is, it requires minimal training and no need for coding.
Read this paper to learn how it:
- Extends an automated, self-service data management layer to the Hadoop platform.
- Supports SQL query access to data stored in Hadoop.
- Helps automate the movement of data into and out of the Hadoop platform.
An Overview of SAS Viya
SAS Viya is an open, cloud-ready, in-memory architecture that delivers everything you need for fast, accurate analytical results – all of the time. With its fluid, scalable and fault-tolerant processing environment, this resilient architecture addresses the complex analytical challenges of today with the ability to effortlessly scale into the future. SAS Viya provides:
- A modern, cloud-ready analytics architecture from the analytics market leader.
- A single, open and governed analytics environment with a standardized code base that can incorporate both SAS and other programming languages.
- A uniquely comprehensive and scalable platform for both public and private cloud implementations.
Date & Time:
Session 1: Completed
Session 2: Completed
Session 3: August, 2016 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Session 4: October, 2016 8:00AM – 10:00AM
Location: The St. Andrew’s Club
150 King St. W., 27th Floor - Toronto
Questions? Contact Andrew.Bowden@sas.com