Skill Level Needed
- Strong/Intermediate Skiing Ability
What to bring:
- Synthetic or wool socks
- Long underwear top & bottom made of Thermax, Polypropalene etc.
- Fleece jacket or vest Gore-tex or breathable water resistant jacket & pants Warm hat Fleece neck gaiter or balaclava
- 1 or 2 pair gloves & glove liners
- Goggles & Sunglasses
- Camera or video camera in protective case
- Small daypack
- Sunblock, lip balm
- Special medications
Directions from Calgary
Fortress is just one hour and fifteen minutes from the western edge of Calgary.
- Travel west on the Trans-Canada Highway (#1)
- Take the Highway 40 exit at the Stoney Nakoda Casino
- Travel 45 kms (note they are 18 km past the Nakiska exit).
- At the Gas Plus station turn right onto the Fortress Mountain Access road.
- Travel 400 meters and park