Get clear, enterprise-level oversight throughout the model life cycle. Keep executive management and regulators up-to-date on model status across all risk categories. And gain valuable insight for making precise risk-reward decisions. SAS offers a complete model risk management solution that includes a centralized model inventory and model assessment capabilities.
Centralize model information management.
Establish a centralized model inventory that supports your internal policies and procedures across all business units. The solution's robust infrastructure includes permissions, version control and data mining capabilities. And you can import attributes and metadata – e.g., model limitation scoring, validation results, criticality ratings, etc. – from any type of model developed in any technology.
Document and track models throughout the model life cycle.
Effectively track model issues, concerns, challenges and remediation with a rigorous model review and validation process that satisfies regulatory principles and expectations. A single source of model documentation consistently records the review and validation process, which can be can be examined at various levels, including model lineage, version, business line, model owner and more.
Gain greater insight into model risk concentrations.
Analyze thousands of data point – using both quantitative and qualitative data – to gain greater insight into your organization’s model risk concentrations. Interactive visualizations tell your model risk story clearly and accurately to broaden institutional awareness and facilitate appropriate board-level oversight. And users can easily drill down through reports to learn more.
Keep pace with changing risk policies and regulations.
Quickly tune your model review and validation practices to stay on top of ever-changing risk policies and regulatory requirements. Governance tools help enforce appropriate signoffs, legal reviews and testing on a consolidated platform.
- Comprehensive risk data management. Ensures that the data used to develop, validate and monitor your models is complete, accurate and timely, appropriately aggregated and effectively governed.
- Centralized model inventory. Provides complete document and workflow management, regardless of model type, source or development technology.
- Model review and validation. Governance tools enforce appropriate signoffs, legal reviews, and testing on a consolidated platform that records the entire conversation.
- Flexible, model-specific workflows. Facilitate appropriate collaboration among stakeholders, so more critical models get appropriate care.
- Model usage tracking and change management capabilities. Adapt and implement policies to accommodate changing regulatory guidance on model development, validation, implementation, monitoring and change management.
- Dashboards. Provides data exploration capabilities that let you design and distribute meaningful data visualization reports.
We want to build a sustainable and scalable solution for managing models at Discover. The new SAS system will help us reduce model risk and increase business value.