With the ever growing amount of data, there is also a growing need to get better and faster data insights. To grasp the dynamic complexity of big data. New self-service BI solutions are needed that allow different types of users to create and share their own dashboards and reports. Business users need straightforward analyses and forecasts in order to be smarter and quicker when anticipating change and making decisions. The power of data visualization plays an important role in decision making. This book answers the questions of why data visualization is so important in the interpretation of large amounts of data, and how different companies use data to make decisions.
Reading this book, you will discover:
- How to extract value from (big) data more effectively and efficiently. What approach can bring decision making closer to the process.
- Opportunities & Stumbling blocks related to analyzing data.
- A practical experiment to show how a message can be communicated in a short time with visualization; a visual representation of an interview with The Dutch National Cyber Security Center.
- What role analytics & data visualization play at Euramax, DirectPay & Gelderse Vallei Hospital.
- How TomTom visualizes the situations on the roads.