Mark Lambrecht, PhD
Director, Global Health & Life Sciences Practice
NETWORK WITH ME
- Life Sciences
- Health Care
Biological & Patient Data • Clinical Research • Population Health • Personalized Medicine • Health Care & Life Sciences Industry Vision 2040 • Software as Medical Device • Regulatory Impact of Technology • AI • Optimization • Simulation • Text Analytics • Bioinformatics • Statistical Programming in Clinical Trials
"Analytics, AI and digital options hold tremendous power and potential for the future of health care and life sciences. My whole career in biotech and technology has involved applying science and analytics to research genomes, modernize clinical trials and improve patient outcomes. AI and analytics can help us reach these goals faster. I am passionate about the potential for transformation that data, science, digital health care and AI bring to global health care and life sciences organizations."
Mark Lambrecht, PhD • Director, Global Health & Life Sciences Practice • Belgium-Based
Read Mark's Bio
Mark Lambrecht, PhD, Director of the Global Health and Life Sciences Practice, joined SAS in 2005. He leads a senior team focused on the health care and life sciences (HLS) industries, and is responsible for the global health care and life sciences market strategy for SAS.
Mark’s team is taking new SAS solutions for HLS to market and constantly looking for innovation opportunities by identifying customer needs and supporting those needs with repeatable offerings. He speaks regularly at conferences and to customers at all levels in an industry that deals with patient data and is, therefore, strongly regulated. Mark’s interests include the impact of observational patient data, fostering data standards and enabling the industry to share and reuse patient data to find new cures and to benefit all of humanity.
Prior to joining SAS, Mark worked in the pharmaceutical industry. He studied at the KU Leuven in Belgium and at Stanford University in the US, where he worked as a bioinformatics scientist, specializing as a data scientist for high volumes of biological and genomics data using diverse technologies and approaches.
He holds a master’s degree and PhD in bioscience engineering from the University of Leuven, Belgium.
Live & Online Events
Articles & Reports
- Hospital and Healthcare | New Horizons for Health and Life Sciences Data
- CMSWire | How Data Analytics Are Gaining Ground During COVID-19
- The Economist | Resilience in Life Sciences: Keeping Up With the New Pace of Change
- Applied Clinical Trials | The Impact of AI, Precision Medicine, Mobile Health Technology on Streamlined Clinical Trials
- ITProPortal | The Tricky Task of Using Data to Tackle COVID-19
- Computerworld | Data, Analysis and COVID-19
- Gadget | Big Data Used to Combat COVID-19
- ITWeb | Visual Analytics Can Help Combat COVID-19
- Saudi Gazette | How AI Could Help Tackle the Coronavirus Outbreak