Banking Industry Advisor
Banking Industry Advisor
Articles & Reports
- LinkedIn | Banking as a Service: Opening new revenue opportunities for banks
- LinkedIn | Overdue Actions: Collections Innovation and Advanced Analytics
- LinkedIn | "Optimization" – The word for 2021
- ABA Banking Journal | Digital Transformation, Accelerated
- LinkedIn | AI digital decisioning: Shifting left
- LinkedIn | Decisions, decisions, decisions: It's about augmented analytics
- Finextra | Smart decisioning and empathy in the face of COVID-19
- LinkedIn | Banking trends for 2020: What’s real and what to do
- LinkedIn | Part 1: Banking on AI
- LinkedIn | Part 2: Banking on AI: Analytics – Wasted Potential
- LinkedIn | Part 3: Banking on AI: The How
- LinkedIn | Part 4: Banking on AI: RPA? Not Quite AI, but Very Useful
- LinkedIn | Part 5: Banking on AI: ML and DL – It's Time
- Celent | Swimming in Data: Data Lakes in Banking
- Celent | The Citizen Data Scientist: Data Preparation, AI, and Self-Serve Analytics in Banking
- Celent | Enabling AI Through DataOps and Teamwork: How Banks Can Get Started
- Celent | AI Made to Reduce False Positives, Part 1: Detection Capabilities and Use Cases
- Celent | Stronger Together: The Bank Imperative for Cyberthreat Intelligence Sharing
- Celent | Insider for Sale: Analytic Approaches to Deter Bank Insider Threats
Live & Online Events
- American Banker On-Demand Web Seminar | Combating Fraud and Financial Crimes with AI-driven Decisions
- American Banker On-Demand Web Seminar | Elevating the customer experience with AI-driven decisions
- On-Demand Webinar | SIBOS 2020: AI, Cloud and the Survival of the Many
- On-Demand Webinar | Driving Digital Transformation: Why is it so hard?
Joan McGowan is a leading authority on the value of advanced technologies (data analysis, AI, ML, NLU, decisioning, automation, cloud) in the banking and payment industries. For the past 18 years, she has been analyzing the impact of these technologies on business operations and providing practical advice on how to innovate, protect and create growth strategies that keep organizations relevant and financially healthy in a rapidly morphing industry.
Joan is a member of The Financial Times Banking Advisory Events Board.
Prior to joining SAS, Joan worked as a Senior Analyst for Celent/Oliver Wyman. She has published more than 30 reports on banking and technology and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and client gatherings.
Her work life before banking was as a journalist and editor for The Economist Group and as a Senior Researcher/Producer for BBC North.
A native of Leeds, Joan is a lifelong supporter (and sufferer) of Leeds United.
"Working in financial technology is far more intriguing than it sounds. It’s about helping banks protect and support our financial wellness and manage our financial growth. We do this by listening, collaborating, removing barriers and building trusted technology that shortens the path from data to decision – that is one heck of a responsibility." Joan McGowan Banking Industry Advisor US-Based