Forbes names SAS among America’s Best Employers for Diversity
Forbes has once again ranked analytics innovator SAS as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To attract and retain top talent, SAS firmly believes that a diverse and inclusive workforce plays a crucial role in the company’s meaningful and creative culture.
“Last year, discussions around workplace diversity, equity and inclusion became more prevalent and important than ever before as the world watched horrific acts of racism and social injustice unfold in our Black and other communities of color,” said Danielle Pavliv, SAS Head of Diversity and Inclusion. “It is critical that we continue these difficult conversations to ensure every employee feels supported, respected and confident in expressing their unique contributions and abilities. At SAS, we work to infuse diversity and inclusion into how we think, act, and operate as a business globally, helping us to create a workplace where people can be their authentic selves to drive innovation.”
The Best Employers for Diversity 2021 were chosen based on an independent survey from a representative sample of over 50,000 employees working for companies employing at least 1,000 people in their US operations. Respondents were asked questions regarding the topics of age, gender equality, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQIA+ and general diversity concerning their own employer. SAS ranked sixth on the list out of 500 organizations.
Underscoring this long-standing company commitment, SAS has recently received distinctions for diversity and inclusion from organizations such as ATHENA International. In addition, SAS is recognized annually as one of Fortune’s Great Places to Work in the US and a World’s Best Workplace. SAS has also recently been named a Most Innovative Company by Fast Company, a Best in Business by Inc. magazine and one of People magazine’s 50 Companies That Care.
SAS CEO Jim Goodnight is among the signatories of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion, a pledge to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Some examples of how SAS promotes diversity and inclusion:
- The SAS Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Action Board, which serves as a sounding board on D&I activities and integrates the D&I program with the company’s mission, operations, strategies and business objectives.
- SAS Employee Inclusion Groups such as Black Initiatives Group, Women’s Initiatives Network, Young Professionals Network, SAS International Connection, PRIDE LGBTQ+ & Allies, ABLE SAS All Abilities Network and VETS SAS Military Network are inclusive of all employees.
- United in STEM: SAS Diversity Internship Program provides opportunities for students who identify as neurodivergent, Black or African American, Indigenous, and other historically underrepresented students of color, women, and students affiliated with the US military.
- STEM-related events including SAS HBCU STEM Connect with Historically Black Colleges and Universities, STEM Career Showcase for students with disabilities, SAS Military Networking Event, and Triangle STEM Goes Red introducing nearly 100 middle school girls to the field.
- Diversity recruitment events such as HBCU Career Development Marketplace, Student Veterans of America, Women in Data Science and Statistics, Out4Undergrad Tech, and the American Statistical Association Committee on Minorities in Statistics programs.
- Numerous partnerships that promote diversity and inclusion in the field of analytics, statistics and computer science.
In addition to recruiting and cultivating a multidimensional workforce, SAS is focused on helping to create a pipeline of future talent, representing a diverse population through the SAS Student Series, scholarship programs and free resources for military veterans and spouses. With the widening skills gap, specifically in STEM-related areas, companies struggle to find qualified and diverse candidates for technical roles. SAS strongly advocates for early education and leveling the playing field for all students to be afforded the same opportunities to learn. This includes helping to eliminate unintended inequities in education that start as early as preschool.
Learn more about how SAS promotes diversity and inclusion.
SAS is a global leader in AI and analytics software, including industry-specific solutions. SAS helps organizations transform data into trusted decisions faster by providing knowledge in the moments that matter. SAS gives you THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS has a multidimensional culture that blends our different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives from employees in 59 countries around the world.