Free SAS® software for academic, noncommercial use. An interactive, online community. Superior training and documentation. And the analytical skills you need to secure your future.
We are serious about our educational commitments. It’s important for all of us to stay relevant and up-to-date on the latest analytical developments. SAS will be with you to support your success. Jim Goodnight CEO SAS
Powerful statistical software. And it's free.
SAS University Edition includes SAS Studio, Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/IML, SAS/ACCESS and several time series forecasting procedures from SAS/ETS. It's the same world-class analytics software used by more than 83,000 business, government and university sites around the world, including 94 of the top 100 companies on the Fortune Global 500®. That means you'll be using the most up-to-date statistical and quantitative methods. And did we mention it's free?
Easy to access. Easy to use.
You can download and install the software yourself. There's no need to go through convoluted channels for software distribution. And a web-based development interface makes writing and submitting code easy (no, really!).
Be part of a great community.
Access to the world's best advanced statistical analysis software is only the beginning. You also get access to the online, interactive SAS Analytics U community. There, you'll find valuable resources for teaching and learning SAS. You can connect with fellow SAS users to ask questions, share ideas and best practices, collaborate on projects and get peer support. There are also great tutorials and other ways to interact with users through social media channels to help you stay connected and in the know.
Fill the skills gap.
By 2018, demand for workers skilled in analytics could outpace supply by 60 percent – or 1.5 million jobs.* Translation? Anyone with analytic prowess will be in high demand from employers around the world. What's more, a Monster.com article, "Job Skills That Lead to Bigger Paychecks," named SAS as the skill that nets the biggest paycheck. If you’re a student, learning SAS is a great way to prepare for – and secure – your future. If you’re a teacher or professor, teaching SAS is a great way to attract top students and to equip tomorrow's workers with the skills they'll need to succeed.
- An intuitive interface lets you interact with the software from your PC, Mac or Linux workstation. Learn about SAS Studio. You can also use Jupyter Notebook as the interface.
- A powerful programming language is easy to learn, easy to use. Learn about Base SAS.
- Comprehensive, reliable tools include state-of-the-art statistical methods. Learn about SAS/STAT.
- A robust, yet flexible matrix programming language enables more in-depth, specialized analysis and exploration. Learn about SAS/IML.
- Several time series forecasting procedures – TIMEDATA, TIMESERIES, ARIMA, ESM, UCM and TIMEID – are included from SAS/ETS.
- Out-of-the-box access to PC file formats provide a simplified approach to accessing data. Learn about SAS/ACCESS.
- Also available via Amazon Web Services, so if you'd prefer to run the software in the cloud, rather than download it locally, you can get SAS University Edition for free from AWS Marketplace (AWS usage fees may apply).