Dr. Peter Diamandis and 'e-Patient Dave' deBronkart keynote SAS Health Care & Life Sciences Executive Conference
Health care reform is changing the landscape for the provider, health plan, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, and analytics is playing a pivotal role in improving quality and costs. The 10th Annual SAS Health Care & Life Sciences Executive Conference, an invitation-only event being held May 14-15 at SAS world headquarters in Cary, NC, convenes industry leaders to discuss this critical need for health analytics in the evolving health care world.
"We're in the midst of a historic time in the health care and life sciences industries," said Dr. Graham Hughes, Chief Medical Officer for the SAS Center for Health Analytics and Insights. "As our customers prepare to meet the changes coming in 2014, health analytics is key to improving patient and financial outcomes. We anticipate sharing dynamic discussions and best practices with customers and other key stakeholders."
On May 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET, most of the conference proceedings can be viewed via webcast. For details and to register visit SAS Health Care & Life Sciences Virtual Conference (sas.com/virtualconference).
- “e-Patient Dave” deBronkart, Patient Engagement Spokesman, International Health Policy Adviser and author of Let Patients Help!
- Dr. Peter Diamandis, CEO of X Prize Foundation, and co-author of Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think.
- Dr. Michael Dulin, PhD, Chair and Medical Officer for Analytics and Outcomes Research, Carolinas HealthCare System.
- Dr. Charles Hugh-Jones, Chief Medical Officer, Sanofi US.
- Mark Pitts, Director of Data Science, Solutions and Strategy, UnitedHealthcare.
- Jim Goodnight, Chief Executive Officer, SAS.
- Dr. Graham Hughes, Chief Medical Officer, SAS Center for Health Analytics and Insights.
- Kecia Serwin, Vice President and General Manager, SAS Health and Life Sciences.
About SAS® for Health Analytics
SAS® for Health Analytics encompasses the technologies and skills needed to deliver business and clinical insights into the complex interdependencies that drive medical outcomes, costs and oversight. Through modeling, optimization, predictive analytics and business intelligence, organizations can strengthen financial performance, deepen consumer relationships and improve health care delivery for better outcomes across the entire spectrum of health industries.
About SAS Center for Health Analytics and Insights
The SAS Center for Health Analytics and Insights (CHAI) is a strategy, research and incubation organization focused on identifying new ways of applying advanced analytics to the challenges facing the health care and life sciences industries. Through multidisciplinary collaborations and the world's most powerful analytics software, CHAI helps organizations develop deeper patient insights, better medical outcomes, lower costs and improved organizational performance.
NOTE TO EDITORS: A limited number of passes are available to accredited media upon request.
SAS is an industry leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, SAS helps customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster. Since 1976, SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.