Your data is in place. It’s ready. Primed for action. But if it’s stored in a variety of third-party platforms – from PC files to Hadoop to mainframe systems – you can’t access it easily. And that slows you down when you need to work fast. The solution? Technology that seamlessly connects SAS with your data, no matter where it resides.
Access more sources on more platforms.
Gain a competitive advantage with seamless read, write and update access to more than 60 data sources. This includes relational and nonrelational databases, PC files and data warehouse appliances as well as big data sources such as Teradata, SAP HANA, Hadoop and Oracle Exadata.
Get direct, easy, secure access with native interfaces.
You’ll achieve a high degree of control over data security since the software honors the native security of the target data source. Plus, you’ll have the flexibility to work with third-party data sources transparently by making sources appear as though they are a native SAS data type.
Reduce network traffic and speed data access.
By pushing database queries, joins and other functions to the target data source for processing, you can reduce network traffic, speed data access, optimize performance and gain faster load times with support for native bulk-load utilities.
Empower both business and technical users.
Our out-of-the box solution helps business users take advantage of the technology without significant training. Technical users who want more control can directly interact with the data source using native interfaces such as SQL.
- Seamless, transparent data access. Treat data as an available resource that can be viewed and used by SAS regardless of format.
- Flexible query language support. Get more control over data access.
- Wide range of performance features. Including a multithreaded read interface, support for automatic partitioning, and the ability to pass functionality to the database and directly control processing.
- Metadata integration. Supports easy reuse for multiple analytical purposes.
- Optimization features. Benefit from more efficient use of resources with features that take advantage of the native capabilities of the underlying data source.
- Push-down processing to the database. Optimize system performance.