What is an analytics platform?
An analytics platform is a software foundation that's engineered to generate insights from your data in any computing environment. Built on a strategy of using analytical insights to drive business actions, this platform supports every phase of the analytics life cycle – from data, to discovery, to deployment.
Advantages of the SAS® Platform
- Adapts to the full spectrum of challenges you face with analytics and data.
- Embraces all major coding languages, methods and application standards for analytics.
- Provides an extensive suite of proven methods for handling analytical problems of any size and complexity.
- Scales from small to big data, in motion and at rest, at the edge and in the cloud.
- Deploys seamlessly to any operational technology or application environment.
- Is accessible to anyone wanting to derive insights from data, regardless of skill or experience.
- Provides a rich set of interfaces that cater to all users and information consumers.
- For technical audiences – embraces programming and scripting from an array of coding languages. For business analysts and nontechnical users – provides interactive visual and cognitive interfaces.
- Includes built-in workflows for domain experts.
- Is easily transferable across both physical and virtual hardware environments, gleaning the most value from all available assets and protecting future investments.
- Delivers processing power that's optimized for analytics workloads, and withstands failover.
- Takes advantage of multithreaded, distributed computing environments, based on a common, governed code base.
- Provides a traceable results path from project initiation to deployment, visible to any audit.
- Protects data assets with management control over system and data access, and support for encryption and secure network connections.
- Verifies the accuracy and validity of analytical results, evidenced by a rigorous testing framework and proven domain practices.
Who benefits from the SAS® Platform?
Why choose SAS?
Proven reliability, flexibility and adaptability. Trusted by the world's top organizations to deliver results that make a difference. Industry-recognized leadership in advanced analytics. Innovation driven by customer needs. Continuous platform enhancements, derived from 40-plus years of analytics experience. Market-leading analytical methods that deliver superior performance and functional value.
SAS is named sole Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Insight Platform Suites, Q4 2016