Writing the story
The process for developing a written customer success story is designed entirely for your convenience. Once you have agreed to participate – and your public relations department has approved the idea – we will schedule an interview with you and one of our writers.
Here's the process:
- One-hour interview, by phone or in person, with one of our writers. We will record the conversation, which provides notes for writing the story. We often need to interview some of your fellow team members and managers to get the full story. We take your lead in whether to interview them separately or at the same time.
- Initial draft is written. This usually takes two to three weeks.
- Draft sent to you for review. At this point, you make changes and recommendations.
- Revise draft based on your input. Once we've incorporated your edits, we'll send you a fresh copy for final review and approval, including sign-off by your legal, PR and/or corporate communications departments.
- Publish story on Web and in print with your sign-off.
- Photo. If possible, we will schedule a time to take your picture for use in the story.
- Logo. For all stories, we will request a high-resolution file of the company logo, preferably in EPS vector format.
What kind of questions will we ask?
Whether for written stories or video-enhanced pieces, we focus on your industry expertise, thought leadership and unique use of SAS as well as the benefits you've gained from using SAS solutions and technologies.
Typical questions include:
- What unique business challenges do you face in your industry and how has SAS helped you overcome them?
- Can you describe specific examples of how you used SAS to address those challenges?
- How would you have addressed these challenges without SAS?
- Why did you choose SAS?
- What business benefits have you gained as a result of using SAS? Metrics might include: increases in revenue, productivity, shareholder value and time to market; decreased cost in implementation and maintenance; reduced employee turnover; and enhanced security.
- How has SAS helped you achieve a competitive edge?
Ready to Participate?
|Review our processes for producing a video-enhanced customer success story|
|Contact a SAS Reference Program representative|