IT and CIO Enablement
Transform your organization with big data analytics
" CIOs need to consider ways in which they can deliver value in terms of solving specific business problems, while at the same time, being cognizant of global architecture standards and specifications."
—Big Data Analytics: Future Architectures, Skills and Roadmaps for the CIO
IDC White Paper, 2011
The business world has changed and companies fight every day to defend their market share and dominate the competition. But increasing globalization, economic downturns, emerging technologies and more have put extreme pressure on organizations – so that only the best survive and excel.
CEOs and management boards expect CIOs to provide the transformational value that will lead to organizational excellence – IT can no longer function as just a technology-service provider. At the same time, CIOs are struggling to gain a seat at the executive table. This offers IT the opportunity to not only drive business value but truly lead the organization. How? With big data analytics.
Analytics is a proven game changer, helping organizations increase revenues, improve processes, reduce costs and more effectively target customers with the right offers. But analytics requires commitment, participation and collaboration from both business and IT, and IT is primed to lead the effort. IT organizations are positioned to do so because they are involved in every aspect of the business, they have a unique blend of technical and business acumen, and they own the infrastructure for both data and processes. But IT must move away from a "keep the lights on" mentality and take charge.
Leading IT organizations proactively drive the collaboration between themselves and business units. They understand the breadth and depth of analytics (it's not just reporting and BI). They train IT resources in the practice of analytics and the analytics life cycle. But to succeed in these endeavors requires a trusted partner. As the industry's analytics leader, SAS can be that partner.
Achieving Analytic Dominance
With the power to drive business innovation, analytics should be pervasive across every discipline in your organization. At SAS, we understand that IT can, and should, play an instrumental role in driving radical change for competitive advantage. We also understand the obstacles that IT has to overcome.
- Big data. Data environments today are larger, more complex and varied than ever. We can help you determine which data assets are most valuable and how best to manage them for transformational impact.
- World-class analytics. SAS is the recognized leader in the analytical market space. We can help you find an analytic solution tailored specifically for your industry or problem you are trying to solve, so you can redefine your organization's possibilities.
- Real-time everything. At SAS, we understand the pressure of providing answers faster. We know high-performance analytics. We understand cloud deployments. We use these technologies ourselves and can help you make the most of these emerging technologies.
Leadership Expertise: Learn More
- CIOs: Driving Analytic Innovation. Learn more about partnering with SAS to devise the best analytic strategy to drive business transformation. See what other CIOs are doing to ensure their organizations' success.
SAS® Solutions You May Be Interested In
- Information Management. Whether it’s easy access to different data sources, integrated data quality or strategies for dealing with big data, SAS can help manage your data as the strategic, valued asset it is.
- High-Performance Analytics. Need faster, better answers to complex problems? Check out SAS offerings that include grid computing, in-database processing and in-memory analytics.
- IT Resource Management. Assess availability, forecast demand and infrastructure requirements, and report on metrics so you can deploy the right IT resources at the right time.
- Optimized Solutions for Specific Industries. From financial services, telecommunications, life sciences and retail to manufacturing, automotive, media, government and education, SAS industry solutions offer a winning combination of technology and domain expertise.
- SAS® Solutions OnDemand. With SAS, you can select the deployment approach that makes the most sense, given your business and technical requirements.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.