SAS® IT Management Adapter for SAP
Organizations have invested significant sums of money into SAP and other enterprise operational systems. Unfortunately, IT managers are now faced with deciphering the wealth of workload data captured by these systems. With fewer and fewer resources, IT managers must find ways to get to this precious data quickly and efficiently. In order for IT managers to make decisions based on real facts, the data needs to be offered to the IT management systems that surface the business and analytical intelligence capabilities within an organization.
However, today's ERP systems are often not able to provide such out-of-the box capabilities without requiring time-consuming and expensive custom coding. And resources with the skills to build applications that provide the needed intelligence to make these decisions are often prohibitively expensive.
The SAS IT Management Adapter for SAP is designed to automatically extract, transform and load (ETL) SAP R/3 and SAP Business Warehouse (BW) workload/performance measurements into the SAS IT Resource Management performance database for further analysis. The adapter is designed to be configured quickly with little or no knowledge of the custom coding in your enterprise applications.
The SAS IT Management Adapter for SAP provides:
- Data extraction that allows SAP and SAS servers to communicate and transfer SAP-collected data.
- Data transformation that validates and cleanses data and integrates the transformed tables into the SAS IT Resources Management performance database.
- Data loading that maintains the integrity of the stored intelligence by keeping the data in its own user-customized pre-summarized form.
- Intelligent storage that allows you to forecast and plan your environment more efficiently to prevent bottlenecks and performance problems.
- Business intelligence that analyst can use to assess the business impacts of poorly performance SAP transactions, a profile of SAP systems, costs associated with SAP system operations, and the impact of external IT forces.
- Analytical intelligence that enables analysts to correlate, predict, forecast and mine gathered data.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.