SAS® Academy for Data Science
The European Academy begins in September 2016 in the Netherlands.
Don't just think like a data scientist. Be one.
Analytical talent is in high demand. Differentiate yourself by earning world-class certification in big data, advanced analytics and data science from SAS, the leader in advanced big data analytics. Sharpen your skills and validate your expertise at the SAS Academy for Data Science. And become the go-to expert who not only talks data science, but actually does it.
The SAS® Academy for Data Science offers:
- Three immersive programs developed by leading analytical experts.
- Industry-recognized credentials – certifications in big data, advanced analytics and data science.
- Classroom instruction in a collaborative setting, combined with hands-on learning and case studies.
- A blended approach using SAS, Hadoop and open source technologies.
- A coach to guide you by answering questions and helping you prepare for certification.
- Around-the-clock access to SAS software and course materials during the program.
Not ready to register, do you have questions?
SAS Academy for Data Science - Q & A Session
Catherine Truxillo, Head of Analytics Education at SAS, answers frequently asked questions and provides an overview of the SAS Academy for Data Science in this recorded live Webinar.
Level 1 - (5 September to 14 October 2016)
Go beyond basic programming by learning to gather and analyze big data in SAS. This intensive six-week bootcamp focuses on:
- Big data management, data quality and visual data exploration for advanced analytics.
- Preparing you for the two big data certification exams.*
Level 2 - (9 January to 17 February 2017)
Deepen your knowledge and expand your skill set in advanced analytics. This comprehensive six-week bootcamp focuses on:
- Analytical modeling, machine learning, experimentation, forecasting, optimization and critical communication skills.
- Preparing you for the three advanced analytics certification exams.*
Level 1 & 2
Level 1 (5 September to 14 October 2016)
Level 2 (9 January to 17 February 2017)
Get full-time, in-depth training as a data scientist. Our 12-week data science bootcamp comprises:
- All coursework from both the big data and advanced analytics certification programs.
- Professional instruction and hands-on learning in big data management, advanced analytics, machine learning, data visualization and essential communication skills.
- Preparation for all five data science certification exams.*
SAS® Academy for Data Science – Advantages
Secure a competitive edge.
To gain a competitive advantage in today's data-driven economy, you have to make the most of large structured and unstructured data sources. And that means having employees with the skills necessary to ask the right questions and make sense out of the answers they find in the data – in other words, data scientists.
Finding, hiring and training data scientists can be an anxiety-ridden process, given today’s talent gap. The SAS Academy for Data Science can help.
- Transform your top talent into certified professionals in big data, advanced analytics and data science by sending them to the SAS Academy for Data Science, where they can earn industry-recognized credentials.
- Make your business smarter and more innovative by adopting current best practices in data science.
- Gain a competitive edge by further developing your employees' analytical talent through the SAS Academy for Data Science.
Satisfy your endless curiosity, and boost your earning potential.
According to an April 2015 Burtch Works study, data scientists get paid more than other predictive analytics professionals. Demand is high for individuals with data science skills, while supply remains low. And that has put upward pressure on salaries. Entry-level data scientists have seen salaries increase by 14 percent, and highly sought-after senior managers have seen an 8 percent increase in salaries. Sound appealing? The SAS Academy for Data Science can help you:
- Boost your earning potential with industry-recognized certifications in big data, advanced analytics and data science from the SAS Academy for Data Science.
- Increase your value to your employer by developing in-demand big data, advanced analytics and data science skills that employers around the world are looking for.
- Secure your future by gaining the proven expertise that can lead you to doing meaningful work in a job you love – and one that pays well.
Fill the workforce skills gap.
Rising demand for data scientists has created a talent gap that universities can help fill by developing programs to meet the growing need. SAS is partnering with higher education institutions around the world to make content from the SAS Academy for Data Science programs available to help:
- Build a robust data science program using free course materials from academy programs, backed by four decades of analytics expertise.
- Attract high-caliber students by offering courses that meet the growing demand for analytics professionals.
- Augment your course offerings with top-level course materials from the world leader in advanced analytics.
- Verify students' knowledge by offering the SAS big data, advanced analytics and data science certifications as part of your curriculum.
- Increase the job placement rate for your graduates by helping them gain in-demand skills.
- Learn highly sought-after analytical skills that will be in demand by employers around the world.
- Validate the knowledge you gain in a university curriculum by taking the big data, advanced analytics and data science certification exams offered by SAS.
- Boost your earning potential by becoming a SAS Certified Big Data Professional and a SAS Certified Data Scientist. According to an April 2015 Burtch Works study, base salaries grew by 14 percent for entry-level data scientists and 8 percent for senior managers.
Simply hiring expensive data scientists isn’t enough. To create real business value with data scientists, top management must learn how to manage them effectively.
Getting Value from Your Data Scientists
MITSloan Management Review