Big data is a popular term used to describe the exponential growth, availability and use of information, both structured and unstructured. Much has been written on the big data trend and how it can serve as the basis for innovation, differentiation and growth.
So the real issue is not that you are acquiring large amounts of data (because we are clearly already in the era of big data). It's what you do with your big data that matters. The hopeful vision for big data is that organizations will be able to harness relevant data and use it to make the best decisions.
Famous author and Thought Leader Jill Dyché will be in Romania, Bucharest on 18th of April, 2013 presenting at the SAS Data Management Event together with her colleague Analise Polsky from the SAS Best Practice Team.
In her presentation, Jill Dyché updates data-savvy professionals on how to manage data as an asset--by leveraging Big Data as a top-of-mind issue for business executives. It seems simple: better data leads to better decisions, which ultimately leads to better business. And there is so much hype around Big Data – what's it really all about?
This business event will examine the following:
- What "managing big data as an asset" really means
- Big Data – myth & reality
- Big Data Governance
- What a corporate data strategy looks like
- Who owns your data—and how do you decide?
- SAS Visual Analytics - see what you're missing
Who should come?This session is aimed at anyone who cares about data:
- Executives aligning their strategic programs
- Managers who own data-intensive business initiatives
- IT Directors whose architectures need to include data
- IT Practitioners who will be asked to execute data management initiatives
- Anyone looking to understand the benefits of Big Data Solutions
If you want to hear more useful insights from Jill Dyche join us on 18th of April!