Theme: "Analytics: Paving the way towards Nation Building"
Papers must be focused on one of the following categories and should offer strategies and new techniques on applying analytics to solve industry-specific challenges. All papers should have social relevance and contribute to national development.
Customer Relationship Management
Sales and Operations Planning
Supply Chain Management
Revenue Assurance and Fraud
Social Relevance and Nation Building
1. The competition is open to all registered undergraduate students and faculty of SAS Academic Partners.
2. All candidates must fill-out and submit the Application and School Endorsement form signed by the Department Chair or equivalent. Deadline of submission is extended until July 31, 2013 .
3. For the Student Division, there should be a maximum of three (3) Student Authors and one (1) Faculty Adviser. For the Faculty Division, there should only be One (1) Faculty Author.
4. An author can only submit One (1) entry. For example, if the author is part of a team, that is considered as One (1) entry.
5. All participating student and faculty authors must choose at least One (1) among the listed categories.
6. All entries must support the theme "Analytics: Paving the way towards nation building".
7. A 200-300 word abstract must be submitted on or before September 27, 2013 . Please email the abstract to Kathleen Marcelo (email@example.com) and Jade Villafuerte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Entry must be original and not previously published and/or submitted.
9. The entry must use SAS technology for the research.
10. Entry should be relevant to the chosen category.
11. Announcement of Best Abstracts (10 from Student Division, 3 from Faculty Division) will be on October 15, 2013 .
12. The three (3) Best Abstracts from the Faculty Division will be funded by SAS.
13. Best Abstracts will be invited for full paper submission. Deadline of submission for the final paper is January 17, 2014.
14. All final papers will be initially presented between January 20 to 24, 2014 .
15. Top three (3) final papers from the Student Division will be selected and announced between January 27 to 31, 2014 .
16. Finalist papers will be judged, based on written technical content and presentation effectiveness.
17. Judges will select, at their discretion, One (1) Outstanding Paper and 2 Runner-Ups from both the Student Division and Faculty Division
18. Final paper presentation of the Top 3 from the Student Division and Top 3 from the Faculty Division will be on February 13, 2014 during the SAS Philippines Academic Analytics Conference.
19. Announcement of winners will be on February 13, 2014 during the SAS Philippines Academic Analytics Conference.
20. The copyright of each entry (abstract and full paper) shall remain with the author however, by entering this competition, the author, whether selected as a finalist or not, acknowledges that he/she is granting SAS Institute (Philippines), Inc. the non-exclusive right to print, publish or use the entries for any legal purpose it may deem without need for payment of royalties.
*Students or faculty members who are relatives of employees up to the 4th degree of affinity or consanguinity of SAS Institute (Philippines), Inc., including its affiliates, contractors and or subcontractors, are disqualified from joining this competition.
*SAS reserves the right to cancel, alter or amend the competition and this rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
*Prizes for the winners are not convertible to cash.
*The decision of SAS as to the winner for this competition shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
*Entry to this competition implies unqualified acceptance of all of these rules.
Important Note: All Finalists should have a passport valid for six months prior to the trip to SAS Global Forum. SAS Global Forum will be held in Washington, D.C on March 23-26, 2014.
To download the Application/School Endorsement form for the Call for Papers competition, please click on these links: