SAS is dedicated to education initiatives and pleased to be the hosting service provider for the NCEdCloud project. Working closely with the North Carolina Dept. of Public Instruction and local education agencies (LEAs) in North Carolina, it is our goal to deliver a secure business system that is available 24/7, so LEAs can access important district data when they need it most.
Moving to cloud support of business systems will benefit your LEA with the following:
- Hosted servers monitored 24/7.
- Nightly backups encrypted and secured off-site.
- Hardware and OS under the IBM maintenance contract.
- Secure VPN access 24/7 via Internet.
- Ability to administer or ask SAS to administer the system (add/delete users, printers, allocate resources).
- Help Desk with email tracking.
- OS upgrades and all PTRs on a published schedule.
- Application software upgrades and application support for LEA licensed software.
- LEA LPAR disaster recovery.
SAS has successfully completed the pilot phase of the cloud project and has been awarded a contract to continue to enroll and migrate LEAs to the SAS cloud. Twenty LEAs have been migrated thus far, and LEA enrollment to the cloud is now open for all. Migrated LEAs are enjoying one full year of free hosting through Race to the Top funds from the Department of Public Instruction (DPI). This funding is set to expire by August 2014. DPI is in the process of requesting an extension of funding for free migration and hosting until August 2015. Please enroll and schedule your migration ASAP in order to take advantage of the first full year of free hosting along with free migration to the cloud.
Armistead Sapp, SAS Senior Vice President, recently presented the iSeries cloud-related cost savings to the LEAs at the Financial & Business Services Conference on July 25.