Take advantage of all that the conference and San Francisco have to offer. Use the information below to plan your trip.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact the Conference Registrar.
Book Early – Special Rates Available
The Marriott Marquis, the official conference hotel, is offering a discounted rate on the first 500 rooms – available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, special rates are available at 14 other hotels near the conference venue.
Hotel arrangements are the responsibility of individual conference guests. Only by booking your hotel online through our official housing bureau are you guaranteed the conference room rate. View hotel rates (PDF).
Three Reasons to Book Your Hotel Now
- Reserve a room before they sell out – hotels in San Francisco can be hard to come by!
- Stay close to all the action during SAS® Global Forum!
- Finalize your expense and travel budget.
About the Venue
Rising 39 stories high in the skyline, the magnificent Marriott Marquis San Francisco Hotel exudes an essence of modern luxury and the convenience of an extraordinary downtown San Francisco hotel. Just south of Market Street and next to the Moscone Convention Center, this hotel is steps away from the Yerba Buena Gardens, renowned museums and cultural attractions, world-class shopping on Union Square, and AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants.
The Marriott Marquis is located at 55 Fourth St., San Francisco, CA 94103.
Travel arrangements are the responsibility of individual conference guests. American Airlines is the official airline for the conference.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) lies just 14 miles south of downtown San Francisco. Approximate time to downtown ranges between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the time of day and mode of transportation.
The average taxi fare from San Francisco International Airport to downtown San Francisco (Union Square Area) is approximately $30-$44. There is an additional $2 airport fee for taxis inbound from the airport to downtown, but no outbound fee from downtown to the airport. For complete information on airport transit, visit the website for San Francisco International Airport.
Public transportation is widely available in San Francisco.
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) is the fast, convenient and inexpensive way to get from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK) to meetings in San Francisco. BART to downtown San Francisco costs $8.10 (SFO) and $3.80 (OAK) and takes just a half-hour. Trains operate seven days a week, from 4 a.m. to midnight weekdays, 6 a.m. to midnight Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to midnight on Sundays.
- MUNI Metro provides light rail service throughout the city into the Powell and Embarcadero stations.
- Caltrain offers a frequent schedule into the nearby station at Fourth and Townsend Streets. All of these stations are within a few minutes' walk of the Marriot Marquis.
For a stay of less than 90 days, a visa is not generally required for most travelers from Commonwealth countries, the European Union and North America. For current travel requirements, please contact your local travel authorities. For visa introductory letters, please contact the Conference Registrar.
Registration and Fees
The conference fee is complimentary. This is an international conference designed exclusively for senior executives (director level and up) from public and private organizations. By completing conference registration, you are requesting attendance at this event – it does not guarantee you a space.
Conference attire is business casual.
About San Francisco
Make the Most of Your Time
San Francisco sure knows how to make SAS Global Forum Executive Conference attendees feel welcome! Learn how you can take advantage on tons of discounts on area dining, entertainment, shopping and transportation. Click here for more information.
April is mostly dry and offers pleasant weather with an average high of 68° F and an average low of 57° F.