This report by Retail Systems Research (RSR) evaluates how retailers are making progress towards adoption of the 7 tenets of 21st Century Merchandising which were identified in 2010.
- Optimisation in merchandising must span products, prices and processes
- Insure merchants have a solid understanding of their technology tools
- Only tinker with assortments after broad cross-category due diligence
- Look at and consider "best practices" from other retail segments
- Marketing is an integrated part of merchandise planning and execution
- Merchandising capabilities have changed strategically, not just tactically
- Merchants are no longer the sole intersection point between customer insights and product plans
Please complete your details to download the report.
Have a SAS profile? To complete this form automatically: log in