Spreadsheets remain one of the most ubiquitous applications in use today, yet experts warn that they pose a real danger for organizations when it comes to information, security and risk management. Where does business intelligence (BI) and analytics technology stand as a substitute to spreadsheets for reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting?
SAS is pleased to offer you a complimentary webcast that explores the role of spreadsheets in today's business environment and the barriers they can create for data quality, data access and productivity.
Beyond Spreadsheets: Risks and Productivity in the Real World
Featuring a panel of experts, this on-demand webcast focuses on the risks of spreadsheet dependence and benefits of solid data reliance. We'll discuss:
- Why it's important to take a hard look at your organization's use of spreadsheets and define guidelines of where and when they should be used.
- The proliferation and risks of spreadsheets, especially as they relate to decision making.
- How to reduce or eliminate risks with BI and analytics technology.
- David Hatch, Vice President and Principal Analyst, Aberdeen Group
- Bobby Hull, Systems Analyst, BGF Industries
- Jennifer A. Elder, PhD, Vice President Biostatistics and Consulting Services, PharPoint
- Bob Messier, Senior Director, Business Performance Analytics, SAS
Aberdeen Group’s Analyst Insight Report
Before viewing the webcast, you're encouraged to check out the report on which it was based. Beyond Spreadsheets: The Value of BI and Analytics (PDF) looks at more than 4,500 companies and their use of and perspective on spreadsheets – as well as Aberdeen’s recommendations for determining when BI and analytics technology should be considered as an alternative.