What Management Must Know About Forecasting
Applying Business Analytics Webinar Series
Who should attend
Business analysts, data analysts, statisticians, forecasters, demand planners and IT managers in any industry who want to deliver forward-looking insights, effectively manage information and business processes, and improve the quality of business decisions.
Why you shouldn't miss this Webinar
This Webinar covers fundamental issues in forecasting that may not be apparent to those managers and executives not directly involved in the process. It will expose common worst practices that politicize the forecasting process or add costs and complexity that fail to improve forecasting results.
You will learn:
- Common forecasting practices that make the forecast worse.
- How demand volatility relates to the ability to forecast and how to set reasonable forecast accuracy objectives.
- How to use forecast value added analysis to identify and eliminate non-value-adding activities from your forecasting process.
- Ways to reduce demand variability, making your business easier to forecast.
When managing business processes and solving the associated business problems, where do you spend your time and resources? You can answer those questions and allow your organization to solve complex problems and deploy results throughout the enterprise with SAS' fully integrated environment for predictive and descriptive modeling, data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, simulation and experimental design.
The big picture
The ability to predict effectively is a key component of the platform for SAS® Business Analytics, which:
- Provides an effective infrastructure for managing the growing appetite for intelligence.
- Helps you derive more value from existing technology and information assets.
- Supports sustainable growth of your organization through innovative use of technology and information.
Business Analytics Marketing Manager
Gaurav Verma drives SAS' global business analytics product marketing strategy and positioning. Verma's key areas of focus are persona-based marketing, awareness and messaging for SAS' business analytics and information management solutions. He also serves as a spokesperson to press and analyst communities.
Verma, who has more than 10 years of experience in marketing, came to SAS from Cognos, where he served as the Financial Services Industry Marketing Director. Verma has also served as Director of Corporate Marketing for Information Builders and as Principal Analyst and Program Manager for Doculabs.
Product Marketing Manager
Michael Gilliland has worked in consumer products forecasting for more than 15 years in the food, electronics and apparel industries, and serves on the Advisory Board of the Institute of Business Forecasting. He writes the quarterly column Worst Practices in Business Forecasting for Supply Chain Forecasting Digest and has published in Supply Chain Management Review, Journal of Business Forecasting, Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, and APICS Magazine.
Gilliland holds master's degrees in philosophy and mathematical sciences from Johns Hopkins University. He was named a 2007 "Pro to Know" by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine and blogs on The Business Forecasting Deal.
Questions? Contact Katie Weiss at Katie.Weiss@sas.com or 919-531-8882.
- Learn more about the Applying Business Analytics Webinar Series.