"IBM is very proud of our relationship with SAS as we work together to deliver the promise of e-business to our customers.
We're particularly proud that by combining our strengths through such leadership initiatives as business intelligence and decision support,
we deliver higher levels of value to our customers as their business processes continue to transform."
-- Nicholas M. Donofrio, Senior Vice President, Technology and Manufacturing, IBM Corp.
Intelligence solutions from SAS and IBM
SAS and IBM have combined forces to provide a full range of software, hardware, middleware and expert services to help you:
- Increase the profitability of customer and supplier relationships.
- Improve operational efficiency.
- Reduce financial and operational risks.
SAS and IBM deliver combined solutions that provide the information needed to learn more about your customers, make the most of your
existing ERP investment, or optimize your supply chain:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Analyze data from all customer contact points, including e-commerce systems, and turn that data into knowledge to understand and predict customer behavior, meet customer needs, and build more profitable one-to-one relationships with customers. Customized content can be delivered across all electronic channels.
- ERP exploitation – Leverage enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications from SAP, Baan and others. Surface and exploit critical business information housed in ERP and other operational systems as part of an open, intelligent process for business decision-making.
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) – Reduce procurement costs and leverage relationships with key suppliers, increasing your company's bottom line. The solution includes data rationalization and a procurement information warehouse, as well as enhanced analytics and Web-enabled reporting. By consolidating and classifying purchasing data, you'll get a clearer picture of your supplier relationships.
Solutions that go beyond software
True solutions are not found in software alone. It takes an integrated combination of software, hardware, middleware and expert services to
deploy a solution that will grow and adapt to your changing business needs.
- IBM Global Services
IBM has created a unique practice that specializes in SAS solutions. Consultants provide analytical services, systems integration and
industry-specific e-business consulting expertise. Combining these services with SAS solutions for CRM, SRM and ERP exploitation, SAS and
IBM customers can integrate the decision-support capabilities of SAS solutions with existing transaction systems and other IBM e-business applications.
Software and middleware technology
Together, IBM technology and SAS software extend the power of intelligence throughout the enterprise. IBM DB2 Universal Database is powering
the world's e-business solutions by offering open, industrial-strength database management for business intelligence, transaction processing,
and a broad range of applications. More than 2,700 sites and 1,900 companies and organizations are running SAS software and DB2 Universal
Database today. Coupled with IBM MQSeries, eNetwork Communications Server and DB2, Web-enabled SAS software applications provide real-time
access to data warehouses and sophisticated analysis applications for large and geographically dispersed user bases.
SAS has a strong relationship with IBM Systems and Technology Group (STG), which includes System p (UNIX), System z (Mainframe), System x (Intel),
System i, Storage, Blade Servers and Cluster Servers. As a Premier Member of IBM PartnerWorld for Developers, SAS gains early access to new IBM
servers and other technologies – allowing our joint customers to take advantage of hardware and software innovations as soon as they become available.
Financing can play an important role in maximizing your cash flow and profitability. That's why SAS has teamed with IBM Global Financing to offer a
total systems solution – financing your hardware, software, maintenance, services and training. IBM Global Financing offers competitive rates and a
broad range of creative financing options, helping you tailor payment options to achieve your business objectives and conserve working capital.
International Competency Center
As an ongoing global commitment to joint solutions, SAS and IBM created the International Competency Center (ICC), located at SAS' world headquarters
in Cary, North Carolina. A team of e-business experts at the ICC provides customers and sales teams worldwide with assistance and resources for sizing,
design and configuration, benchmark testing and implementation of a host of SAS software solutions. These solutions – for data mining, data warehousing
and other business intelligence functions – run on leading IBM server platforms and DB2 to meet the unique demands of an e-business world.