Intelligent complaint management
Complaints can be extremely costly to a bank. Aside from potential loss of custom and damage to reputation, research reveals an average cost of
about £200 per complaint in terms of manpower and compensation - making this a multi-million pound exercise for the financial services sector.
To avoid this cost, banks must log and investigate complaints effectively, taking steps to enhance service and prevent future complaints. Yet many banks
struggle with this. Complaints are often recorded on paper or duplicated across multiple systems making analysis extremely difficult. Some are not logged
at all. And some complaints are misunderstood by staff, leading to errors in the handling process - or the complaint being discounted entirely.
This issue needs to be tackled for the sake of costs, reputation and ongoing customer service.
By decoding the 'messages' through statistical and root-cause analyses of complaints data, the government can better understand the voice of the people.
W. F. Yuk,
Hong Kong Efficiency Unit
Read full story
How SAS Can Help
The SAS approach to Intelligent Complaint Management provides a complete infrastructure for logging, investigating, tracking and managing customer
complaints. It is designed to help banks minimise associated costs, mitigate risks and - importantly - enhance service in order to prevent further
Through SAS for Intelligent Complaint Management, retail banks can:
- Take a strategic approach to complaints management, based upon segmentation and real business intelligence
- Ensure complaints strategies are effectively implemented, from the portfolio level to individual customer/account level
- Increase efficiency of the handling process, through improved workflows and resource utilisation
- Reduce the cost of complaints, with fewer complaints and more efficient handling
- Proactively manage complaints and handling strategies, for improved business performance and fewer complaints in future.
The SAS approach to Intelligent Complaint Management is a platform-based selection of technologies that retail banks can bring together to
tackle their complaints management challenges. Designed to be a grouping of capabilities rather than a 'one-size-fits-all' approach, the selection includes:
- SAS® Enterprise Miner, for effective data modelling and to help integrate structured and unstructured numeric and text data into the analysis
- SAS® Content Categorisation, to intelligently and automatically organise large volumes of customer data and make it easier to retrieve and analyse
- SAS® Customer Intelligence, automates the management of outbound communications, selecting the most appropriate channel and communication at each stage
- SAS® Enterprise Business Intelligence Server, introducing the power of SAS analytics for effective, centralised decision making
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server, designed to extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data from multiple sources - vital for highly accurate analysis