SAS SQL 1: Essentials – SQL1
This course teaches you how to process SAS data using Structured Query Language (SQL).
|2 days - Classroom|
SAS Programming Certification Packages
To take advantage of one of the SAS Programming Certification Packages, simply quote 'BEST VALUE' in the Campaign Code field when booking your first item. We will then contact you to prompt the purchases of the other package items.
Learn how to
- query and subset data
- summarise and present data
- combine tables, including complex joins and merges
- create and modify table views and indexes
- replace multiple DATA and PROC steps with one SQL query.
Who should attend?
SAS programmers and business analysts
Before attending this class, you should be able to
- submit SAS programs on your operating system
- create and access SAS data sets
- use arithmetic, comparison, and logical operators
- invoke SAS procedures.
You can gain this experience from the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. No knowledge of SQL is necessary.
- course logistics
- introducing the Structured Query Language
- introducing the business scenario
- overview of the SQL procedure
- specifying columns
- specifying rows
Displaying Query Results
- presenting data
- summarising data
- noncorrelated subqueries
- correlated subqueries (self-study)
- introduction to SQL joins
- complex SQL joins
- introduction to set operators
- the EXCEPT operator
- the INTERSECT operator
- the UNION operator
- the OUTER UNION operator
Creating Tables and Views
- creating views with the SQL procedure
- creating tables with the SQL procedure (self-study)
- integrity constraints (self-study)
Additional SQL Procedure Features
- setting SQL procedure options
- dictionary tables and views
- interfacing PROC SQL with the macro language
- program testing and performance
- introduction to indexes
- creating indexes (self-study)
- maintaining tables
Accessing Relational Databases (Self-Study)
- LIBNAME access to DBMS data
- executing DBMS-specific SQL using the SQL Pass-Through Facility
- SAS resources
- beyond this course
This course addresses the following software product(s): Base SAS. This course is appropriate for learners who are using SAS 8 or SAS 9 software.