Creating Information Maps Using SAS 9.2 - SBA143
This course provides information about how to use the SAS Information Map Studio application to build information maps for reporting and analysis. To successfully build information maps, you need to understand your organisation's data sources as well as the knowledge level of the people who will use the information maps.
|Download course description as PDF||Register now|
|2 days - Classroom|
Learn how to
- build information maps from both relational and multidimensional data sources
- enhance information maps by creating custom data items
- build information maps that contain several types of filters
- build a stored process that provides a dynamic data source for the information map
- use information maps in several of the SAS platform applications.
Who should attend?
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Familiarity with SAS Enterprise Guide is required. You can acquire this knowledge by completing the SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting course. Knowledge of SAS programming is helpful but not required. You can gain the necessary SAS knowledge by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course. To fully exploit the capabilities of stored processes, an understanding of the SAS macro language is helpful, but not required. This knowledge can be acquired by completing the SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials course.
- what is a SAS Information Map?
- what is the platform for SAS Business Analytics?
- where do information maps fit in?
- introducing the course environment and scenario
Exploring the SAS Platform Applications
- what is SAS Web Report Studio?
- what is the SAS Information Delivery Portal?
- what is SAS BI Dashboard?
- what is the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office?
- what is SAS Enterprise Guide?
- accessing information maps from SAS programs
Exploring SAS(R) Information Map Studio
- exploring the SAS Information Map Studio interface
- creating an information map
- using multiple relational data sources
- using a multidimensional data source
Working with Data Items
- understanding data item properties
- using data item expressions
- what are information map filters?
- building simple filters
- building compound filters
- building identity-driven filters (self-study)
- building predefined filters
- building prompted filters
Using a Stored Process as a Dynamic Data Source
- what is a SAS Stored Process?
- creating a stored process from SAS program code
- what is SAS Management Console?
- using a SAS Stored Process with an information map
- using connection profiles
- setting options and preferences
- managing resources
- testing information maps
- SAS resources
- beyond this course
- using the INFOMAPS procedure
This course addresses Platform for SAS Business Analytics, SAS Information Map Studio software.