JMP Software: Introduction to the JMP Scripting Language - JSCR9
This course demonstrates how to extend JMP software's functionality using the JMP Scripting Language (JSL) to automate routine procedures, extend or create new procedures, and customise reports.
|Download course description as PDF||Register now|
|2 days - Classroom|
Learn how to
- use the basic elements in JSL
- use messages, functions, and expressions to create new data tables and columns, control analyses, and capture or modify reports
- create and use dialogs to adapt script behavior
- save JMP scripts as custom menu or toolbar items to automate routine analyses and reporting.
Who should attend?
Anyone familiar with JMP who wants to learn the JMP Scripting Language (JSL)
Before attending this course, it is recommended you complete the JMP Software: Data Exploration course or have equivalent experience.
- introducing scripting
- introducing object-oriented approach
- reviewing how to generate scripts interactively
- storing scripts in the Table panel
JSL Building Blocks
- understanding operators, numbers, and names
- understanding lists and expressions
- understanding comments, commas, parentheses, quoted strings, and matrices
- introducing a visual JSL style to make reading, interpreting, and understanding JSL easy
- using the For, While, Break, and Continue functions
- using the If, Match, and Choose functions
Data Table Scripts
- creating new tables and columns
- changing or adding column properties
- using basic matrix functions in JSL
- understanding platform layers (analysis and report)
- reporting display tree structure
- building custom windows
Dialogs, List, and Custom Menu Items
- making and using custom dialogs
- understanding substitution in expressions, lists, and strings
- adding a custom menu item
This course addresses the following software product(s): JMP.