Forecasting Using SAS Forecast Server Software – FSTU41
This course prepares you to generate large volumes of forecasts automatically using the SAS Forecast Studio interactive interface.
|Download course description as PDF||Register now|
|2 days - Classroom|
Learn how to
- automatically create and fit custom forecast models to large-scale time series data sets
- identify series that do not have acceptable forecast accuracy
- refine forecast models to improve forecast accuracy
- reconcile hierarchical forecasts
- produce reports using stored processes
- generate forecast data sets for deployment
- accommodate data updates in large-scale time series data sets.
Who should attend?
Forecasters and analysts in any industry, including retail, financial services, manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals
Before attending this course, you should
- be familiar with business forecasting problems
- have experience with a Windows computing environment
- have experience using a product such as Microsoft Excel to enter or transfer data and to perform elementary analyses such as computing row totals, column totals, and averages, and producing charts and plots.
You do not need formal training in forecasting or statistics to benefit from this course. Programming experience is also not required.
Introduction to SAS Forecast Studio
Forecasting Using the Default Functionality in SAS Forecast Studio
- creating a SAS Forecast Studio project
- accuracy statistics and forecast model selection
- families of models supported and functionality issues
- scenario analysis
- hierarchical forecasting
- statistical forecast reconciliation
- accumulation and aggregation options
- reconciliation effects
- manual overrides to reconciled forecasts
Model Refinement One Series at a Time
- custom models: generated and pre-specified
- event variables
Generating Best Forecasts in Hierarchically Arranged Data
- honest assessment
- outlier variables and other model inputs
- creating and using event variables based on calendar effects
- stored processes
- generated data sets
- accommodating data updates
This course addresses SAS Forecast Server, SAS/STAT software.This course also addresses the SAS Forecast Studio graphical interface.