SAS Data Integration Studio 1: Essentials - DI1
This course introduces SAS Data Integration Studio and includes topics for registering sources and targets; creating and working with jobs; and working with transformations.
|Download course description as PDF||Register now|
|3 days - Classroom|
SAS Modules Used:
- register source data and target tables
- create jobs and explore the functionality of the Job Editor
- work with many of the various transformations
- build a SAS OLAP cube and SAS Information Map (self-study).
Who should attend?
Data integration developers and data integration architects
Before attending this course you should have experience with
- SAS programming basics.
You can gain this experience by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course.
Introduction to the platform for SAS Business Analytics and SAS Data Integration Studio
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- working with SAS Data Integration Studio
- introduction to change management
Introduction to Course Data and Course Scenario
- explaining the course data
- explaining how to define target data structures
- introduction to the course scenario
Creating Metadata for Source Data
- setting up the environment
- registering source data
Creating Metadata for Target Tables
- registering target tables
- importing metadata
Working with the Job Editor
- creating jobs
- exploring functionality of Job Editor
- submitting jobs to create target tables
Working with Transformations
- working with the extract transformation
- working with summary statistics transformation
- working with loop transformations
- explore status handling for transformations and jobs
- working with the data validation transformation
- working with the sort transformation
- working with the append transformation
- working with the transpose transformation
- working with the apply lookup standardisation transformation
Creating SAS OLAP Cubes and SAS Information Maps (self-study)
- building an OLAP cube
- building an information map
This course addresses the following software product(s): SAS Management Console, Platform for SAS Business Analytics, SAS Data Integration Studio.