SAS Global Certification Program
|SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 Credential (CITREP Endorsed*)
This credential is designed for programmers, analysts, data managers or anyone writing SAS programs to access and manage data to perform queries and analyses. This and the SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 credentials are appropriate as foundation knowledge for many other job roles.
Successful candidates should have experience in programming and data management using SAS 9 and should be able to:
- import and export raw data files
- manipulate and transform data
- combine SAS data sets
- create basic detail and summary reports using SAS procedures
- identify and correct data, syntax and programming logic errors.
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 Exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Prometric.
- 70 multiple-choice questions (must achieve score of 65% correct to pass)
- 2 hours to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-211; required when registering with Prometric.
Exam topics include:Accessing Data
- Use FORMATTED and LIST input to read raw data files.
- Use INFILE statement options to control processing when reading raw data files.
- Use various components of an INPUT statement to process raw data files including column and line pointer controls, and trailing @ controls.
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Access an Excel workbook.
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets.
- Create and manipulate SAS date values.
- Export data to create standard and comma-delimited raw data files.
- Investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures.
- Sort observations in a SAS data set.
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step.
- Modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step.
- Accumulate sub-totals and totals using DATA step statements.
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values.
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa.
- Process data using DO LOOPS.
- Process data using SAS arrays.
- Validate and clean data.
- Generate list reports using the PRINT procedure.
- Generate summary reports and frequency tables using base SAS procedures.
- Enhance reports through the use of user-defined formats, titles, footnotes and SAS System reporting.
- Generate HTML reports using ODS statements.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
- Recognize and correct syntax errors.
- Examine and resolve data errors.
View the sample questions for this exam.
Course Fees & Schedule
|SAS Programming 1: Essentials||3 days||S$1,850||Schedules|
|SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques||3 days||S$2,000||Schedules|
To register, send us an email or call 6398 8988 (Ms. Nikko Kaur)
* CITREP Endorsed Certifications
Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme (CITREP) is a training incentive programme to equip Singapore infocomm professionals with critical and emerging skills, thus enabling them to enhance their employability and to improve their organisations' competitive advantage.
The Enhanced CITREP supports up to 80% of the course and /or exam fees, capped at SGD $3,000 (course+exam) or SGD$500 (exam only) per trainee, whichever lower. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about CITREP.