SAS Global Certification Program
|SAS Global Certification|
|SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 Credential (CITREP Endorsed*)
This credential is the next level for SAS Base Programmer for SAS 9 certified professionals. This and the Base Programmer credentials are appropriate as foundation knowledge for many other job roles.
A SAS advanced programmer should have current SAS programming and data management experience. Successful candidates should be skilled in tasks such as
- using advanced DATA step programming statements and efficiency techniques to solve complex problems
- writing and interpreting SAS SQL code
- creating and using the SAS MACRO facility.
The candidate must currently hold a SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 credential.
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have taken and earned passing scores of the following two exams: 1) SAS Base Programming Exam for SAS 9, and 2) SAS Advanced Programming Exam for SAS 9. This exam is administered by SAS and Prometric.
- 63 multiple-choice questions (must achieve score of 65% correct to pass)
- 2 hours to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-212; required when registering with Prometric.
Exam topics include:Accessing Data Using SQL
- Generate detail reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Generate summary reports by working with a single table, joining tables, or using set operators in the SQL procedure.
- Construct sub-queries and in-line views within an SQL procedure step.
- Compare solving a problem using the SQL procedure versus using traditional SAS programming techniques.
- Access Dictionary Tables using the SQL procedure.
- Create and use user-defined and automatic macro variables within the SAS Macro Language.
- Automate programs by defining and calling macros using the SAS Macro Language.
- Understand the use of macro functions.
- Use various system options that are available for macro debugging and displaying values of user-defined and automatic macro variables in the SAS log.
- Create data-driven programs using SAS Macro Language.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced data look-up techniques such as array processing, hash objects, formats, and combining/merging data.
- Reduce I/O by controlling the space required to store SAS data sets using compression techniques, length statements, or eliminating variables and observations.
- Reduce programming time by developing reusable SAS programs which incorporate data step views, DATA steps that write SAS programs, and the FCMP procedure.
- Perform effective benchmarking by using the appropriate SAS System options and interpreting the resulting resource utilization statistics.
- Determine the resources used by the SORT procedure and avoid unnecessary sorts by using appropriate indexes, data set options, BY statement options, and the CLASS statement.
- Identify appropriate applications for using indexes and create them using the DATA step, the DATASETS procedure, or the SQL procedure.
- Compare techniques to eliminate duplicate data using the DATA step, the SORT procedure, and the SQL procedure.
View the sample questions for this exam.
Course Fees & Schedule
|SAS SQL 1: Essentials||2 days||S$1,850||Schedules|
|SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques||5 days||S$3,375||Schedules|
|SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials||2 days||S$1,375||Schedules|
To register, send us an email or call 6398 8988 (Ms. Nikko Kaur)
* CITREP Endorsed Certifications
Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme (CITREP) is a training incentive programme to equip Singapore infocomm professionals with critical and emerging skills, thus enabling them to enhance their employability and to improve their organisations' competitive advantage.
The Enhanced CITREP supports up to 80% of the course and /or exam fees, capped at SGD $3,000 (course+exam) or SGD$500 (exam only) per trainee, whichever lower. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more about CITREP.