Toronto Data Mining Forum
The Data Mining Forum is an opportunity for you to explore Data Mining related issues, share ideas and discuss industry standards and trends with your peers. Each session will explore current trends, new technology and Data Mining techniques through presentations and discussion sessions. As always, these meetings are free to attend.
Our next meeting will be taking place on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. Details can be found below and you may register here.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:30am - 12:00pm
SAS Canada, 280 King St. East Suite 500
8:30-9:00 - Light Breakfast and Networking
9:00-9:05 -- Welcome & Opening Remarks (Dina Duhon, Director, Credit Risk Model Development, Scotiabank)
9:05-9:25 -- Update from SAS (Matt Malczewski, Communities Manager, SAS Canada)
9:25 -10:25 -- Credit Risk Adjudication: Traditional Reject Inference Overview & An Alternative BMO Approach to the Problem (Anthony van Berkel, Senior Manager, Modelling & Analytics, Market Risk, BMO)
10:25 -10:45 - Networking Break
10:45-11:45- Insurance Topic (Title and Presenter TBD)
11:45-11:55 - Closing Remarks and Prize Draw
Why not join us in the SAS Canada Community? This environment will allow SAS users to continue to grow their SAS knowledge and their SAS network of professionals between user group meetings and across geographies. Have a look and register today, you'll be glad you did!
Do you have a profile on LinkedIn or Facebook? If so, search the ‘groups’ function to locate Toronto area SAS user groups, including the Toronto Data Mining Forum. Why join? For professional networking, SAS related discussions and event notifications, and to become more involved with your local SAS user community.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming Forum dates, please SUBSCRIBE to our Data Mining distribution list.
Have you subscribed to insights, the Canadian SAS user newsletter? Delivered to your email 3 times a year, insights is full of technical tips and tricks, event listings and SAS user profiles, contests, SAS Global Forum updates and more! You can SUSCRIBE by creating or updating your SAS Profile.
- News from SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Fall 2013) **NEW!
- Scoring Models, Probability Transformations & Model Calibration Using SAS - Krzysztof Dzieciolowski, Rogers Communication (Fall 2013) **NEW!
- A Logistic Regression Model for Consumer Responses to Email Campaigns - Carrie Dang, Loyalty One (Fall 2013) **NEW!
- Getting the Most out of SAS Enterprise Miner by Using SAS Programming – Lorne Rothman, SAS Canada (Fall 2013) **NEW!
- Pricing Optimization - Jane Zong, Bank of Nova Scotia (Spring 2013)
- SAS Visual Analytics - Tim Trussell, SAS Canada (Spring 2013)
- Challenge of Data Reduction in the World of External Acquisition Modeling - Mariam Seirafi, Cornerstone Group of Companies (Spring 2013)
- SAS Support & Updates - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Fall 2012)
- Improve Marketing Campaign ROI Using Uplift Modeling - Ryan Zhao, Analytics Resourcing (Fall 2012)
- Let's Interact! Modeling Interaction Effects in Linear and GLM Models Using SAS - Tim Gravelle, PriceMetrix (Fall 2012)
- Survival Modeling in Enterprise Miner - Lorne Rothman, SAS Institute (Canada) Inc. (Fall 2012)
- Update from SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Spring 2012)
- Survival Model and Attrition Analysis - Charles Chen, TD Bank Group (Spring 2012)
- Re-Evaluation of Computing Resource Usage in Data Mining - Masoud Charkhabi, CIBC (Spring 2012)
- Philosophy and Practice in Fraud Detection Analysis - Mario Wen, TD Bank Group (Spring 2012)
- Using Experimental Design Techniques to Maximize Your Marketing Efforts - Bob Saarimaki, DataMaApp Inc. (Spring 2012)
- SAS 9.3 & SAS Support Options - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Fall 2011)
- Segmentation Do's & Don't's - Daymond Ling, CIBC (Fall 2011)
- Practical Data Governance Use Case - Alex Salvas, National Bank of Canada (Fall 2011)
- The Curious Complications of Confounding Covariates - Derek de Montrichard, CIBC (Fall 2011)
- What's New at SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Spring 2011)
- "I Don't Need Enterprise Miner" - David Yeo, SAS Canada (Spring 2011)
- Scenario & Stress Testing Using SAS/IML - Dmitry Donin, Dmitro Korol, Mykola Tkachenko, BMO (Spring 2011)
- What's New at SAS - Kerry Blanchard, SAS Canada (Fall 2010)
- SAS & Social Media: What's in it for Me?!?! - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Fall 2010)
- Net Lift and Return Maximization - Victor D. Zurkowski, CIBC (Fall 2010)
- An Update from SAS – Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Spring 2010)
- How to Create the Most Powerful CRM System in the World - Ray Kong, SVP, Ipsos Reid (Spring 2010)
- Kolmogorov Smirnov (Max-KS) in Banking Credit Risk Data Quality Control - Mark An, Senior Quantitative Analyst, CIBC Risk Management (Spring 2010)
- Social Network Analysis: An Overview - Dan McKenzie, Senior Fraud Specialist, SAS Canada (Spring 2010)
- The Ins & Outs of Text Mining - Tim Trussell, Analytics Specialist, SAS Canada (Spring 2010)
- An Update from SAS – Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada
- Comparing Different Classification Techniques in Credit Scoring – Dr. Saed Sayad, iSmartsoft Inc.
- An Elasticity Similarity Distance & Application – Kelvin Li, CIBC
- Ensuring Model Performance: A Business Manager's Perspective – Gene Jigota, TSBC Consulting
- What's New at SAS - Belinda Bank, SAS Canada
- A Re-Introduction to Spline Modeling for Non-Linear Trends - Derek Montrichard, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Tips & Tricks - Lorne Rothman, SAS Canada
- Data Expansion in Credit Risk Modeling - Mark An, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Predictive Modeling in Retail - Jim Godfrey, SAS Canada
- Data Mining & Fraud - Maral Sadr, CIBC (Fall, 2008)
- Enrollment Management Using Decision Tree Analysis (Fall, 2008) - Don Curzon, Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- An Introduction to Similarity Analysis Using SAS (Fall, 2008) - Jennifer Lee, SAS Institute (United States)
- Charting Our Health by the Stars - Peter Austin, Senior Scientist, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (Spring 2008)
- The Bump Hunting Algorithm - Peter Chu, Modeling Consultant, CIBC (Spring 2008)
- Web Analytics Full Circle: Back to the Data Mine - Christopher Berry, Senior Analyst, Critical Mass (Spring 2008)
- SAS, Data Mining and Analytics - Albert He, Director, Advanced Analytics & Modeling, Scotiabank International Banking (Spring 2008)
- Flexible and practical modeling with the GNBC: A Case Study - Kim Larsen, Charles Schwab and Co., Inc. (Spring 2007)
- Reject Inference Methodologies In Credit Risk Modeling - Derek Montrichard, CIBC (Spring 2007)
- Operationalizing Analytics - Dan McKenzie, SAS Canada (Fall 2006)
- Implementing a CRM Analysis: Challenges and Solutions - Regina Malina, Redwood Data Sciences (Fall 2006)
- Note From Sponsor SAS (Fall 2006)
- Data Audit - Saed Sayad, Smartsoft Canada Inc (Spring 2006)
- The Length Bias in Sampling - Eric Granz, Scotia Bank (Spring 2006)
- Fitting General Curves - Daymond Ling, CIBC (Spring 2006)
- Traps of Missing Values - Hua Shi, CIBC (Spring 2006)