SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
A complete solution to meet the full spectrum of enterprise data integration needs
- Always access the data you need.
- Leverage/reuse work by others.
- Improve productivity.
- Manage security and administration at all levels.
- Meet time constraints even within decreasing windows of availability.
- Deliver consistent, trusted and verifiable information.
- Eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems with one solution.
How SAS® Is Different
- Only SAS provides a single, integrated and easy-to-use solution, reducing delays and high costs associated with custom coding each data integration project or piecing together non-integrated technologies.
- SAS eliminates the problem of inaccurate, contradictory and inconsistent data by embedding data quality within data integration processes and providing a single view of your customers, products and other entities.
- Only SAS addresses the entire process of translating raw data into useful, trusted and timely information for fact-based decisions. We deliver this through our technology and expertise in data integration and storage, analytics, business intelligence, targeted business solutions and specific industry solutions.
- Always access the data you need. From older legacy systems to the latest ERP applications, data from virtually any hardware platform or operating system can be accessed and processed. New source systems can easily be added and security managed centrally. This saves time, shortens learning curves and gives decision makers the information they need.
- Leverage/reuse work by others. A common repository enables the centralized storage, management and reuse of work based on user authorizations, reducing both development and maintenance time.
- Improve productivity. A GUI environment that is easy to use provides a standard interface for building and documenting work. Collaboration is encouraged and manual coding is available when needed. New team members can get up to speed quickly on work done by others, which is important when documentation is inadequate or missing.
- Manage security and administration at all levels. Reusable templates make it quick and easy to provide role-based authorizations and administrative privileges at the user, department or enterprise level.
- Meet time constraints even within decreasing windows of availability. SAS processes data fast! Organizations can take advantage of the grid-enabled load-balanced, multithreaded parallel processing architecture that can quickly process, transform and move data between different platforms and systems.
- Deliver consistent, trusted and verifiable information. Consistently getting correct data when and where it is needed provides increased confidence in the accuracy and timeliness of operational and business information. Data quality auditing tools monitor the quality of data in processes and source systems. Users can see where data originated and how it was transformed. Optional enrichment components can add value and ensure the best possible data.
- Eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems with one solution. SAS offers the only comprehensive enterprise data integration solution that is built from the ground up to meet the full spectrum of data integration needs. It eliminates the piecemeal approach of linking and managing technologies from different vendors and provides lower overall cost, reduced risk and faster results.
- Interactive data integration development environment
- Simplify the construction, execution and maintenance of enterprise data integration processes.
- Connectivity and data access
- Leverage all data, regardless of source.
- Metadata management
- Provide centralized definition, storage, analysis and management of enterprise metadata with SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server.
- Data cleansing and enrichment
- ETL and ELT
- Extract, transform and load data from across the enterprise to create consistent, accurate information, or add in-database processing to execute transformations within your database.
- Migration and synchronization
- Capture and propagate data changes in real-time to ensure data integrity, consistency and credibility.
- Data federation
- Query and use data across multiple systems without the physical movement of source data.
- Master data management support
- Quickly and reliably create a unified view of enterprise data from multiple sources.
- SOA and message queue integration
- Improve the flow of information across your organization.
Developing data integration flows is faster and easier with the redesigned Job editor.
The job editor has been significantly redesigned to make the process of developing high-performing data integration flows easier and faster. This screen shot shows an example of an open job in the job editor.
The propagation of information from table to table is easily defined.
In any transformation, the Mappings panel allows you to define the propagation of information from table to table in your job. Here is an example of the default mapping rules being applied when mapping numeric to character columns, and character to numeric columns.
Integrated debugging helps ensure the results you expect.
SAS Data Integration Studio brings a new world of integrated debugging to make sure your job produces the results that you expect and that it meets design requirements. This screen shot shows a snapshot of a running job. Transformation step Analyze is currently running, while the Rank variables step has completed successfully. The Filter results step failed.
Runtime statistics help validate how well your code performs.
When working with large data flows, it is important to ensure that the job performs well. SAS Data Integration Studio can capture runtime statistics on jobs to help you validate how well your code performs. Saved statistics are available for each transformation step and can be viewed graphically or in a tabular report, as this screen shot shows.
The Register Tables wizard’s list now includes Netezza and HP Neoview.
Enhanced support for Data Warehouse Appliances means that SAS Data Integration Studio surfaces these source and target tables through the Register Table and Add New Table capabilities. This screen shot shows the Register Tables wizard and the addition of Netezza and HP Neoview to the list of supported database sources.
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a comprehensive solution based on SAS foundation products, including Base SAS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/SHARE, SAS Integration Technologies and SAS Data Quality Solution powered by DataFlux. It includes interactive, Windows client applications and SAS Server components. It runs in the following environments:
Windows (x86-32): Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista*
- AIX: Release Version 5.3 and Version 6.1 on POWER architectures
- HP-UX PA-RISC: HP-UX 11iv2 (11.23), 11iv3 (11.31)
- HP-UX Itanium: HP-UX 11iv2 (11.23), 11iv3 (11.31)
- Linux for x86 (x86-32): RHEL 4 and 5, SuSE SLES 9 and 10
- Linux for x64 (EM64T/AMD64): RHEL 4 and 5, SuSE SLES 9 and 10
- Microsoft Windows (x86-32): Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista*
- Microsoft Windows on x64 (EM64T/AMD64): Windows XP Professional for x64, Windows Vista* for x64, Windows Server 2003 for x64
- Microsoft Windows (on Itanium): Windows Server 2003
- Solaris on SPARC: Version 9, 10
- Solaris on x64: Version 10
- z/OS: V1R7, V1R8, V1R9 and higher
NOTE: Windows Vista Editions that are supported include Enterprise, Business and Ultimate.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.