SAS® for Sustainability Management
Predict and respond to environmental, social, and economic risks and opportunities
Organizational performance now requires sustainability measures across social, environmental and economic factors, which in turn requires the vital steps of integrating and analyzing data to achieve new goals and transform internal organizational cultures.
The most strategic enterprises will use data, and the intelligence gained from it, to their competitive advantage – driving increased brand value through innovation and improving internal efficiencies and accountability. They will also build loyalty in consumers, employees and other stakeholders – such as in higher education where SAS is used to track, communicate and educate on sustainability.
SAS for Sustainability Management enables an organization to measure, manage and report on the Triple Bottom Line – environmental, social and economic indicators – and determine business strategies that reduce risk and increase shareholder value. With SAS you can:
- Measure key sustainability activities using industry-accepted methodologies and protocols. You can trust the quality of data and resulting analysis from SAS' award-winning data integration and analytics capabilities, which leverage your existing investments in operational systems and databases.
- Report ongoing performance to ensure transparency with key stakeholders and compliance with regulatory agencies. By establishing an integrated, consistent source of quality information, you can bind initiatives to a common sustainability framework that allows alignment across all lines of business – from the water treatment facility to the data center (see “Focus on Green IT”).
- Improve performance by identifying the metrics that have the greatest impact on goal attainment so you can make the most informed strategic decisions. Apply the power of SAS optimization, forecasting and data mining capabilities to analyze scenarios and run simulations to improve response and successful strategy execution.
- Manage and forecast the finances and resources needed to achieve the desired outcomes across the enterprise and within each department. Prioritize organizational strategies and align investments in new product innovation, program development and talent accordingly. Establish scorecards and strategy maps driven by the sustainability goals of the organization.
The SAS difference
As the leader in business intelligence and predictive analytics, SAS is the critical enabler that allows you to meet your environmental objectives:
- Only SAS offers an integrated platform for business analytics that provides performance management initiatives with a consistent, accurate view of information, from data to decisions to support.
- SAS' pre-defined sustainability performance management framework is based on generally accepted sustainability reporting metrics, including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- SAS' analytic capabilities give insight into costs and cost drivers, as well as the financial impacts of green initiatives. Activity-based costing and capacity resource planning models help choose between alternatives, based on the predicted resources required.
- SAS delivers a variety of predictive analytics to help plan improvement strategies, avoid threats and measure results. SAS offers forecasting, simulation and correlation analysis for superior environmental impact predictions.
SAS is committed to sustainable development
SAS is an active and committed partner in the communities where we live, work and conduct business. At SAS, we recognize that environmental sustainability is a continuous effort that requires prudent use and preservation of our natural resources. Please visit our Corporate Social Responsibility pages for more information.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.