Master Data Management
Create a single, accurate and unified view of information with master data management (MDM)
To gain both operational efficiencies and analytical insights from the data, business entities and their associated attributes must be clearly defined, and the data from the disparate systems must be integrated and made available in a timely and consistent manner.
Components of Master Data Management
- SAS MDM Advanced – Provide a unified view of data assets for more accurate analytic results, effective operations and enhanced decision making.
How SAS® Is Different
- Evolutionary approach to MDM. Begin with data quality and data integration and use industry best practices and professional services to create a low-risk approach to MDM implementation.
- Data quality and entity resolution. Data quality is a critical success factor for MDM initiatives. One of the key capabilities of our approach is the ability to integrate disparate data from source systems to create a clean, correct entity in the MDM repository. This is achieved through entity resolution and the base capabilities of data quality (such as parsing, standardization, matching, de-duplication, etc.).
- Data governance. An MDM solution requires operational governance and stewardship services that support inspection, root-cause analysis, data correction and the creation and management of business rules that control the quality and usability of data. MDM capabilities from SAS provide tools designed to empower business analysts and data stewards to design and implement business glossaries, reference data structures and business rules through a collaborative, Web-based environment.
- Domain data models. To create a unified view of master data, there must be a database of each unique business entity within the organization. The master entity database is central to the solution. However, to accelerate delivery, prebuilt data models can be used and customized to the specific needs of your enterprise.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.