SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
A complete solution to meet the full spectrum of enterprise data integration needs
- Always access the data you need.
- Leverage/reuse work by others.
- Improve productivity.
- Manage security and administration at all levels.
- Meet time constraints even within decreasing windows of availability.
- Deliver consistent, trusted and verifiable information.
- Eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems with one solution.
How SAS® Is Different
- The value of business analytics relies heavily on the ability to integrate analytics with operational systems and decision-making processes. SAS is the only data integration solution that provides the processes and procedures to integrate analytics into all aspects of your operational and decision-support systems.
- Only SAS provides a single, integrated and easy-to-use solution, reducing delays and high costs associated with custom coding each data integration project or piecing together non-integrated technologies.
- SAS eliminates the problem of inaccurate, contradictory and inconsistent data by embedding data quality within data integration processes and providing a single view of your customers, products and other entities.
- SAS combines parallel processing, grid capabilities and in-database support to provide unrivaled scalability that can handle complex "big data." From simple range, list and hash-based partitioning to complex distributed processing, SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server can scale to handle growing data volumes and smaller windows of processing time.
- Core to all SAS solutions is an open and integrated metadata environment that provides a single source for all of your applications, eliminating the need to replicate and manage multiple instances of metadata.
- Always access the data you need. From older legacy systems to the latest ERP applications, data from virtually any hardware platform or operating system can be accessed and processed. New source systems can easily be added and security managed centrally. This saves time, shortens learning curves and gives decision makers the information they need.
- Leverage/reuse work by others. A common repository enables the centralized storage, management and reuse of work based on user authorizations, reducing both development and maintenance time.
- Improve productivity. A GUI environment that is easy to use provides a standard interface for building and documenting work. Collaboration is encouraged and manual coding is available when needed. New team members can get up to speed quickly on work done by others, which is important when documentation is inadequate or missing.
- Manage security and administration at all levels. Reusable templates make it quick and easy to provide role-based authorizations and administrative privileges at the user, department or enterprise level.
- Meet time constraints even within decreasing windows of availability. SAS processes data fast! Organizations can take advantage of the grid-enabled, load-balanced, multithreaded parallel processing architecture that can quickly process, transform and move data between different platforms and systems. SAS also supports zero data movement by using SQL Pass-Through into popular database appliances including Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, AsterData and Hadoop.
- Deliver consistent, trusted and verifiable information. Consistently getting correct data when and where it is needed provides increased confidence in the accuracy and timeliness of operational and business information. Data quality auditing tools monitor the quality of data in processes and source systems. Users can see where data originated and how it was transformed. Optional enrichment components can add value and ensure the best possible data.
- Eliminate overlapping, redundant tools and systems with one solution. SAS offers the only comprehensive enterprise data integration solution that is built from the ground up to meet the full spectrum of data integration needs. It eliminates the piecemeal approach of linking and managing technologies from different vendors and provides lower overall cost, reduced risk and faster results.
- Interactive data integration development environment
- Simplify the construction, execution and maintenance of enterprise data integration processes.
- Connectivity and data access
- Use all data, regardless of source.
- Metadata management
- Provide centralized definition, storage, analysis and management of enterprise metadata with SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server.
- Data cleansing and enrichment
- Profile, cleanse and augment data to create consistent, reliable information.
- ETL and ELT
- Extract, transform and load data from across the enterprise to create consistent, accurate information, or add in-database processing to execute transformations within your database.
- Migration and synchronization
- Capture and propagate data changes in real time to ensure data integrity, consistency and credibility.
- Data federation
- Query and use data across multiple systems without the physical movement of source data.
- Master data management support
- Quickly and reliably create a unified view of enterprise data from multiple sources.
- SOA and message queue integration
- Improve the flow of information across your organization.
Developing data integration flows is faster and easier with the redesigned Job editor.
The Job editor has been significantly redesigned to make the process of developing high-performing data integration flows easier and faster. This screenshot shows an example of an open job in the Job editor.
The propagation of information from table to table is easily defined.
In any transformation, the Mappings panel allows you to define the propagation of information from table to table in your job. Here is an example of the default mapping rules being applied when mapping numeric to character columns, and character to numeric columns.
Integrated debugging helps ensure the results you expect.
SAS Data Integration Studio brings a new world of integrated debugging to make sure your job produces the results that you expect and that it meets design requirements. This screen shot shows a snapshot of a running job. Transformation step Analyze is currently running, while the Rank variables step has completed successfully. The Filter results step failed.
Runtime statistics help validate how well your code performs.
When working with large data flows, it is important to ensure that the job performs well. SAS Data Integration Studio can capture runtime statistics on jobs to help you validate how well your code performs. Saved statistics are available for each transformation step and can be viewed graphically or in a tabular report, as this screen shot shows.
The Register Tables wizard’s list now includes Netezza and HP Neoview.
Enhanced support for Data Warehouse Appliances means that SAS Data Integration Studio surfaces these source and target tables through the Register Table and Add New Table capabilities. This screen shot shows the Register Tables wizard and the addition of Netezza and HP Neoview to the list of supported database sources.
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a comprehensive solution based on SAS Foundation products, including Base SAS, SAS/ACCESS, SAS/CONNECT®, SAS/SHARE®, SAS Integration Technologies and SAS Data Quality Solution powered by DataFlux®. It includes interactive, Windows client applications and SAS server components. It runs in the following environments:
Host Platforms/Server Tier
- HP/UX on Itanium: 11iv3 (11.31)
- IBM AIX R64 on POWER architecture 7.1
- IBM z/OS: V1R11 and higher
- Linux x64 (64-bit): Novell SuSE 11 SP1; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1; Oracle Linux 6.1
- Microsoft Windows on x64 (64-bit):
Desktop: Windows 7* x64 SP1; Windows 8** x64
Server: Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 Family; Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Family; Windows Server 2012 Family
- Solaris on SPARC: Version 10 Update 9
- Solaris on x64 (x64-86): Version 10 Update 9; Version 11
- Microsoft Windows (64-bit): Windows 7* x64 SP1; Windows 8** x64
- HP/UX on Itanium
- IBM AIX on POWER
- Linux x64 (x86-64)
- Microsoft Windows x64 (x86-64)
- Solaris (SPARC and x64)
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 9: Windows 7 (32-bit and x64 32-bit Web browsers)
- Internet Explorer 10: Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32-bit and x64 32-bit Web browsers)
- Firefox 6 and up: Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32-bit and x64 32-bit Web browsers); Linux x64: RHEL 6 and SLES 11 (32-bit Web browsers)
- Chrome 15 and up: Windows 7 and Windows 8 (32-bit and x64 32-bit Web browsers); Linux x64: RHEL 6.1 and SLES 11 SP 1 (32-bit Web browsers)
You can also review the Third-Party Support page for details about requirements of third-party software for use with SAS 9.4.
* NOTE: Windows 7 supported editions are: Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise.
** NOTE: Supported editions include: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.