SAS helps publishers manage mobile channel to increase revenue
(24 Jul. 2013)
– With the exponential rise of mobile advertising, companies that sell digital advertising space are seeing their traditional users shift reading habits dramatically from PCs to phones and tablets. This creates huge challenges – but also huge opportunity. SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers helps publishers embrace the future by managing data insights and ad delivery across all channels.
Cozi, a free app and website that helps families manage their busy lives with a shared calendar, shopping list, to do lists and more, uses SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers to maximize ad ROI (return on investment).
"SAS helps Cozi maximize advertisers ROI by targeting the right ad with the right message to our online and mobile users which are comprised of tech-savvy moms and their families," said Hoku Peters, Advertising Operations Manager at Cozi Group, Inc. "SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers also helps Cozi move quickly to deliver unique products to the market and develop new product functionality. Recently SAS provided us with a custom software development kit (SDK) that helps us serve synced roadblocks with multiple ads and place our "Add to Cozi" buttons adjacent to the ad banners. We didn't have to wait for months, SAS delivered in days."
"Publishers are struggling to transfer the advertising business built in PC-based display and video to mobile screens," said Jeff Wood, General Manager, Intelligent Advertising at SAS. "SAS handles pre-serve, ad serving and post-serve business needs for display, video or audio advertising across any digital screen to serve up the optimal mix of ads. New features in SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers address the challenge by making mobile easier to manage."
Recent updates to SAS Intelligent Advertising for Publishers include:
- Better manage ad inventory for apps – SAS has created iOS and Android Software Development Kits (SDKs) to help publishers create and manage in-app ad inventory without the need to code anything.
- Better handle rich media – through MRAID v1 compliance publishers can now handle higher value rich media ads for advertisers on mobile devices.
- Automatic Device detection – using SAS publishers can identify a user's device type and version to automatically serve the optimal ads for that device.
- Improved location based targeting - granular geo-fencing targeting through a point-and-click map interface delivers hyper-localized advertising based on a mobile user's exact location – in real time. SAS' ad serving interface provides a map-based view to simply draw the radius around a location to reach a user with a specific ad.
- Mediation of third party ad networks – publishers can connect to multiple third-party demand sources to better target ads for their clients. This makes for optimal mobile-user experiences while allowing publishers to work with demand partners of their choice.
- Identifying the user on multiple devices – using a Server-Side User Store SAS helps deliver cross-screen user identification.
- Analytics and Reporting - with SAS' analytical expertise mobile publishers gain deep insight into mobile product performance and how users interact with content.
- Simulation-based forecasting - provides publishers with an extremely accurate view of mobile ad inventory. Publishers get accurate forecasting across all channels (mobile, display and video etc).
SAS Intelligent Advertising is integrated with the broader suite of SAS® Customer Intelligence.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions delivered within an integrated framework, SAS helps customers at more than 65,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
The Canadian subsidiary of SAS has been in operation since 1988. Headquartered in Toronto, SAS employs more than 300 people across the country at its Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City and Montréal offices. www.sas.com/canada
Back to Recent SAS Press Releases
Copyright © SAS Institute Inc. All Rights Reserved.