Health Users Group (HUG)
The semi-annual Health Users Group meetings offers presentations, discussions and networking opportunities in a health-related context which can help SAS users in health-related industries get the most out of their SAS software.
The next meeting will take place Spring, 2014. A detailed agenda and an opportunity to register will be made available as soon as possible.
The Executive team is looking to add to an enthusiastic and dedicated Executive team for the Health Users Group. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Matt Malczewski.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming Health User Group Meetings, please SUBSCRIBE to the Health User Group Distribution List.
Please consider joining the SAS Canada Community , a knowledge and networking centre for Canadian SAS users. Here, you'll find Canadian-specific content from SAS users, staff and thought-leaders, and you'll have some fun as you learn! Join us today .
Do you have a profile on LinkedIn? If so, search the 'groups' function to locate Toronto area SAS user groups, including the SAS Health Users Group. Why join? For professional networking, SAS related discussions and event notifications, and to become more involved with your local SAS user community.
Have you subscribed to insights, the Canadian SAS user newsletter? Delivered to your email 3 times a year, insights is full of technical tips and tricks, event listings and SAS user profiles, contests, SAS Global Forum updates and more! You can SUBSCRIBE by creating or updating your SAS Profile.
- New at SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (November 2013) **NEW!!
- Open Data: A Global Perspective - Wilson Suraweera, St. Michael's Hospital (November 2013) **NEW!!
- Technology Intensity & Physician Expenditure: Methodology, Algorithms - (Anait Gabrielyan & Mehrdad Roham, McMaster University (November 2013) **NEW!!
- Data Management at CancerCare Ontario - Mario Morgado, CancerCare Ontario (November 2013) **NEW!!
- Target Kids: Investigating Childhood Obesity - Gerald Lebovic, St. Michael's Hospital (November 2013) **NEW!!
- SAS Visual Analytics: Learning to Love the Drag & Drop - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (April 2013)
- Predictive Modeling of High Cost Healthcare Users in Ontario - Yuriy Chechulin & Amir Nazerian, Ministry of Health (April 2013)
- Validating Data in SAS Enterprise Guide - Judy Orr Lawrence, SAS Canada (April 2013)
- Bland-Altman Bounds wiht an Application to Sleep Apnea - Ellen Maki, Analytica Statistical Consulting (April 2013)
- A Brief Introduction to Perl: What it is & WHy You Might Want to Include it in Your SAS Programs - Ruth Croxford, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (April 2013)
- SAS Support Options & More - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (November 2012)
- Using SAS to Automate Client Support Processes in CHRP - Laura Ma & Edgar Manukyan, CIHI (November 2012)
- The Identification of a Prognostic & Predictive Signature Using the MARSA Algorithm - Chang-Qi Zhu, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital (November 2012)
- The SQL Procedure: Now with Even More SQL-y Goodness! - Craig Kasper, Manitoba Health (November 2012)
- What's New at SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (April 2012)
- Competing Risks Survival Analysis - Melania Pintilie, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital (April 2012)
- Administrative Data: Tips & Tricks - Simon Tavasoli, CIHI (April 2012)
- Process for Data Quality Assurance at Manitoba Centre for Health Policy - Mahmoud Aziamaee, ICES (April 2012)
- An Update From SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (April 2011)
- Generate HTML File for Excel Reports: Use ODS With User Defined Table Template - Lingsong Yun, ICES (April 2011) NOTE: Datasets here: Template and Setup.
- SAS Tips & Tricks - Jun Guan & Helen Guo, ICES (April 2011)
- Epidemiological Case Study: Validation of Malaria Among Febrile Deaths in a Verbal Autopsy Based National Mortality Survey - Wilson Suraweera, St. Michael's Hospital (April 2011) NOTE: Datasets Attached here.
- A Fast & Easy Way to Calculate Age-Standardized Death Rates in SAS for Many Counties Over the Years - Ash Roy, CIHI (April 2011)
- What's New at SAS & Social Media: What's in it for Me?! - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Nov 2010)
- SAS Code Tips & Tricks - Ruth Croxford, ICES (Nov 2010)
- Text Analytics in a Health Context - Tim Trussell, SAS Canada (Nov 2010)
- An Update From SAS – Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Spring 2010)
- PCCF+ and Its Application in Health Studies – Russell Wilkins, Statistics Canada (Spring 2010)
- **BONUS: PCCF+ Version 5F User's Guide(English) and PCCF+ Version 5F Guide de l'utilisateur (French)
- Data Simulation: Create A Dummy Dataset for Clinical Administrative Database – Jun Liang, CIHI (Spring 2010)
- Healthcare Indicators: Policy Context & Impact – Dr. Astrid Guttman, ICES (Spring 2010)
- What's new at SAS – Andrew Bowden, SAS Canada (Fall 2009)
- Propensity Score Calibration: An Improvement in Demonstrating Cause and Effect Using Observational Data – Ruth Croxford, ICES (Fall 2009)
- SAS Web Report Studio at the Ministry of Health – Ian Taylor, Ontario Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care (Fall 2009)
- Displaying Health Information System Information on a Digital Whiteboard - Goar Gasparian, UHN (Fall 2009)
- What's new at SAS - Matt Malczewski, SAS Canada (Spring 2009)
- SAS Global Forum Recap - Ruth Croxford, Institute of Clinical Evaluative Studies(Spring 2009)
- Overview of DISH (Data Integration Solution for Healthcare) - Carl Paluszkiewicz, SAS Canada (Spring 2009)
- Moving Your Dot: Measuring Mortality in Hospitals - Dara Klisowsky, Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital (Spring 2009)
- Macro Overview - Ruth Croxford, Institute of Clinical Evaluative Studies (Spring 2009)
- Hash Objects: Why Bother? - Barb Crowther, SAS Canada (Spring 2009)
- Moving Easily Between SAS and Excel - Tim Trussell, SAS Canada (Fall 2008)
- Charting Our Health By the Stars - Peter Austin, Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (Fall 2008)
- SAS 9 Enterprise Intelligence Platform – Ken Nakashima, SAS Canada (Spring 2008)
- Using SAS To Improve Efficiency In Report Production and Dissemination - Dragos Daniel Capan, William Lu & Eugene Wen, CIHI (Spring 2008)
- An introduction to Data Mining as applied to discovering abnormal physician billing behaviors – Dan McKenzie, SAS Canada (Spring 2007)
- The Hows and Whys of the SAS/STAT Survey Procedures - Tim Trussell, SAS Canada (Spring 2007)
- Developing and Reporting Health Indicators: Data issues and Traps - Eugene Wen, CIHI (Spring 2007)
- Health Databases: What's Available - Eugene Wen, CIHI (Fall 2006)
- An Introduction o Proc GLIMMIX - John Amrhein, SAS Canada (Fall 2006)
- MIMO – Multiple Inputs Multiple Outputs - John Fahey, Reproductive Care Program of Nova Scotia (Fall 2006) (Supporting Zip File)
- Creating a Publication - Quality Report Using SAS, XML and Open-Source Tools - John Fahey (Fall 2006)
- Whats New in SAS/STAT 9.1 - Lorne Rothman, SAS Canada (Spring 2006)
- Efficiencies with Large Data Sets - Peter Eberhardt, Fernwood Consulting Group Inc (Spring 2006)
- Adjusting for Selection Bias in the Analysis of Observational Data: The Propensity Score - Ruth Croxford, ICES (Spring 2006)
- PCCF and It's Application in Health Projects - Eugene Wen, CIHI (Spring 2006
- Bonus Presentations on PCCF from Russell Wilkins: "PCCF Introduction", "PCCF Advanced Topics"