SAS Special Reports
In addition to award-winning sascom
magazine, you can now download complimentary special reports. Get articles from industry experts and find out how top companies are using technology to outmaneuver the competition. Register now to access:
Big data, bigger opportunities: High-performance analytics at the speed of right (full report)
Register now to download Big data, bigger opportunities, a SAS special report about using high-performance analytics to unlock the opportunities in big data. Read this report to learn how to use high-performance analytics to fight fraud, optimize merchandizing, improve credit risk – and more. Topics include:
- Before-and-after makeovers with big data.
- Visualizing billions of rows of data.
- High-performance banking.
- High-performance risk.
Read these sample articles to find out more:
Small and midsize businesses (SMBs)
Small business, big data (sample article)
Analytics for all: Small and midsize businesses see big benefits with analytics (full report)
Register now to download Analytics for all, a SAS special report for small and midsize businesses. This report explores the pitfalls of relying on gut instinct, provides practical advice for engaging in analytics, and details case studies from SMBs that have done it. Topics include:
- Big data: It's not just for big companies.
- Spreadsheet danger: Don't let it ensnare your organization.
- Getting started: Tips to put you on the road to data-based decision making.
- Real life stories: Learn from SMBs that have made analytics work.
Read this sample article to find out why even small businesses are creating a lot of data – and why harnessing it can help increase revenues and profits.
Four methods for high-performance computing (sample article)
Imperatives for the new CIO: How to manage data and apply analytics for efficiency and change (full report)
Register now for CIO Insights, which shares strategies that help today’s CIO influence a more varied agenda than ever – from an organization’s IT operations to its profitability, customer service and impact on the environment. You’ll find a range of IT-related articles, including:
- Running IT as a business: seven steps to aligning IT with the business.
- Make the most of your analytic talent: Tips for establishing an analytic center of excellence.
- Managing the data asset: How to treat your data like the high-value business asset it is.
Keith Collins, SAS CTO, explains how to choose the right high-performance computing method for your business analytics scenario – a free sample of the visionary perspectives you’ll find in CIO Insights.
Risk Management’s Role in Government (sample article)
Public sector, public trust: Epic challenges in a world of opportunities (full report)
Register now for Government Insights, which looks at the vast technology issues the public sector must confront and resolve in order to maintain – perhaps even enhance – the public trust. Topics include:
- Sharpening defense logistics and mission readiness with analytics.
- Safeguarding currency value in difficult times.
- Combatting and preventing cyber-attacks.
- Increasing productivity with text analytics.
- Making government more transparent.
Read this article for a sample of the thought-leader perspectives you’ll find throughout Government Insights.
8 Essentials to Business Analytics (sample article)
Brain Trust: Enabling the confident enterprise with business analytics (full report)
Register now for this 33- page special report packed with reasons why market-leading companies use business analytics to their competitive advantage. Filled with expert advice and research on how to base every organizational decision on facts, this report covers a range of topics, including:
- Business analytics for industries and SMBs.
- Examples of significant ROI at HSBC, Maine Medical Center and Poste Italiane Group.
- Applying business analytics to processes.
- Actions to get started.
Download this sample article to find out how business analytics can set you apart – and essential steps for getting started
An Erosion of Confidence (sample article)
Enterprise risk management: When weathering the storm is not enough (full report)
Register now for this 52-page special report to read global expert opinion about the key drivers to the global financial crisis, insights regarding impending global regulations, and recommendations for best practices to improve risk management capabilities.
You'll find a range of risk-related articles:
- "Enterprise Risk Management: The Culture of the Future for Financial Services."
- "Benchmarking the Quality of Risk Management from a Business-Centric Perspective."
- "Moving from Stress Tests to Broader Scenario Analyses."
- "Liquidity Risk in the Spotlight."
Download this sample article to read about a recent survey conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The survey revealed that members of the financial services community have lost confidence in regulators and their own institution’s risk strategy. This erosion dramatically affects the kind of business financial institutions are willing to carry out.
Building a better banking world (sample article)
||Crimes of financial passion: High-tech practices to beat enterprise fraudsters at their own game (full report)
Register now to access the entire 33-page special report full of expert best practices for combating fraud with analytics. The report also includes several case studies showing how leading financial institutions are receiving rapid returns on anti-fraud technology.
- Analyzing social networks to identify crime rings.
- Improving customer service with anti-fraud technology.
- Keeping tabs on internal fraud risks.
- Results from HSBC, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, BB&T and BBVA Bancomer.
Download this article to find out how a unified approach to fighting financial crime enhances operational efficiency and ultimately reduces fraud. (PDF)
Retail technology: The view from Wall Street (sample article)
Competing as a 21st Century Retailer: Maximizing profitability in a consumer-centric world (full report)
Register now for this special report, which provides in-depth analysis of business and technology practices for improving your corporate performance as a retailer, meeting customer needs, increasing profitability, and gaining competitive advantage. This report includes:
- Opinion and analysis from seasoned financial analysts, executive officers and consultants with extensive international retail experience.
- Results from leading retailers such as Office Depot, Parkson, Auto Zone and 1-800-FLOWERS.COM.
- Articles geared toward the specific concerns of individual executive officers including CEO, CIO, CFO, CMO and EVP of Merchandising.
Download this article (PDF: 437KB). Citi Investment Research Analyst Deborah Weinswig outlines how five key corporate measures – including operating margins and return on invested capital – can be positively affected by implementing analytical retail business applications.
||Better care, better system: Applying advanced analytics for improved efficiency and patient care (full report)
Register now for Health Insights, which shares innovation and advanced analytics are critical initiatives for health care and pharmaceutical companies that want to survive in the 21st century. The creativity that will transform the system lies in the hearts and minds of dedicated professionals who already question the tried and true.
- Health analytics: creating a collaborative, cost-aware, outcomes-oriented system for the 21st century
- Patient safety: measuring clinical performance
- Social media: using advanced text analytics for smart social media strategies
- Health care fraud: applying data integration and analytics to root out abuse in the system
Identifying and Managing Chronically Ill Populations (sample article)
Chris Scheib explains how lower costs and better outcomes start with advanced analytics.