" In using SAS, the forecast inaccuracy rate has been substantially reduced – to less than ten percent. This has led to a considerable improvement in the decision making process, particularly in regard to facility expansion and new projects."
senior general manager, DNATA
How SAS® Can Help
Costs are higher when demand is greater than capacity in a transportation network, so refining forecasts is important. We approach the problem by providing software and services to help:
- Improve forecast accuracy exponentially, leading to improved allocation and capital decisions, investor communications and smoother adaptation to changing business cycles.
- Forecast more with less by extending the planning horizon from the end of the current year to a rolling monthly forecast.
- Deliver productivity and workflow improvements by reducing the time required to produce outlooks and budgets, administrative overhead, dependence on IT for new reports and data administration, and by automating and centralizing most forecasting efforts within one team.
How SAS® Is Different
Most systems and equipment have some sort of metering, monitoring or surveillance system – each producing staggering volumes of data. Only SAS delivers:
- Comprehensive data integration that helps retain forecast accuracy over time by maintaining data quality and integrity.
- Complete integration within the existing IT system that results in an information flow unhindered by organizational silos or diverse computing platforms and tools.
- Accurate what-if analyses to help shape and maximize profitability by understanding the financial impact of changes in product and marketing mixes.
- Accessible, comprehensive business intelligence using an integrated business intelligence platform that provides consistent, accurate information based on a comprehensive view of the business.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Demand-Driven Forecasting
SAS Demand-Driven Forecasting drives the development of the consensus forecast in conjunction with the sales and operations planning (S&OP) process. Combining the power of automation, analytics and workflow, it generates the most unbiased and accurate consensus forecast on a large-scale basis.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.