Asset and Operations Optimization
" We use SAS in almost every aspect of the business. [It makes] the most difference on a day-to-day basis [with] railcar maintenance and railcar transportation costs. It's resulted in at least $1 million in savings this year."
— Bill O'Neill
GE Rail Services
How SAS® Can Help
For 35 years, companies have relied on SAS to handle complex forecasting and data management needs with large data volumes. Our approach is to provide software and services to help you:
- Predict emerging issues and maintenance requirements to keep your assets in service and to maximize uptime by having the ability to identify fleet attributes (age, operating conditions, type of use, etc.) and how they correlate with reliability metrics to form a usage profile.
- Understand the impact of reliability and maintenance costs by being able to forecast maintenance costs and perform scenario analysis with different fleet strategies to help improve operating costs, warranty recovery, vendor sourcing and labor optimization.
- Reduce repairs and maintenance costs by detecting billing anomalies and transportation asset repair patterns to help reduce unnecessary costs.
- Identify events and conditions that cause excessive dwell time for assets far enough in advance to take action to minimize dwell time. Increase asset uptime to prevent revenue loss and missed growth targets caused by disruptions in asset utilization.
- Optimize your workforce to ensure the right mix of skills, locations and timing in harmony with asset deployment.
How SAS® Is Different
Most transportation systems and equipment have some sort of metering, monitoring or surveillance system – each producing staggering volumes of data. Only SAS delivers:
- A comprehensive view across all systems and equipment, taking into account system interdependencies, to monitor overall performance accurately.
- Data integration and management that enables you to combine data from sensors, inspections and maintenance, historical records, inventory, warranty claims and more into one database for monitoring, model development, root-cause analysis and reporting.
- Predictive modeling to accurately predict asset and equipment failures before they occur and detect service, dwell time and billing anomalies.
- An integrated analytical workbench that provides engineers with powerful, integrated root-cause analysis of asset failures and performance issues.
- Enterprise business intelligence delivered through a Web-based interface that delivers critical information in an easy-to-understand format. Users can view dashboards at a glance for a quick overview of issues, drill down to performance trends and disseminate strategic information across the organization.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps organizations to accurately predict events that could cause outages and to run their assets at peak performance. The solution uses data integration, automation, analysis and predictive analytics to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and the risk of revenue loss.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.