Improve drilling efficiency and predict adverse events in near-real time
" NPT costs drilling contractors from $100 to $150-plus million per year, depending on the components used in the calculation."
How SAS® Can Help
SAS provides a holistic view of the entire drilling system and gives near-real-time insight into parameters that can improve drilling efficiency, from planning through execution and completion. With SAS, you can:
- Uncover hidden patterns in data. SAS links data from nonoperational variables (rock properties, reservoir characteristics) with drilling operational parameters (weight on bit and revolutions per minute) and drilling system designs (drill bit models).
- Quantify drilling success. Data mining techniques applied to a comprehensive data set identify potential correlations between drilling activity and incremental rate of production (ROP). This calculates drilling success in real time, under specific geomechanical conditions and constraints.
- Rely on root-cause analysis to guide decisions. Advanced analytical techniques gauge how to analyze real-time data relative to past performance or events so you can predict down-hole tool failures and immediately determine which operational parameters to adjust.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS improves drilling efficiency through its broad expertise in data integration, data quality and advanced analytics, including optimization and data mining. Our solutions encourage collaboration and help operators make trustworthy, data-driven decisions. With SAS, you can:
- Identify KPIs behind efficient drilling operations. SAS analyzes the statistical relationship between data on relevant drilling incidents (e.g., equipment failures, well control issues, losses, stuck pipes) and key performance indicators (e.g., ROP, cost per foot and foot per day), given geomechanical constraints.
- Reduce nonproductive time with holistic data integration and management. SAS collects and analyzes key data from the entire drilling ecosystem, validates it with quality control processes, then integrates it with an analytical data mart.
- Visualize and analyze drilling performance in near-real time. Visualization software from SAS offers quick and easy access to view the latest data on drilling parameters, events and analytical results – and it's available via the Web and mobile devices, so information is accessible regardless of your location.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Enterprise Guide®
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
- SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS® Enterprise Guide®
SAS Enterprise Guide is a point-and-click, menu- and wizard-driven tool that empowers users to analyze data and publish results. It provides fast-track learning for quick data analysis, generates code for productivity and speeds your ability to deploy analyses and forecasts in real time.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Visual Analytics
No matter the size of your organization – or your data – with SAS Visual Analytics you can explore all relevant data quickly and easily. Now you can look at more options, uncover hidden opportunities, identify key relationships and make more precise decisions to drive success faster than ever before. Self-service, ad hoc visual data discovery and exploration put lightning fast insights within everyone's reach.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Predictive Asset Maintenance
SAS Predictive Asset Maintenance helps organizations to accurately predict events that could cause outages and to run their assets at peak performance. The solution uses data integration, automation, analysis and predictive analytics to boost uptime, performance and productivity while lowering maintenance costs and the risk of revenue loss.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.