Predict readmissions, engage patients, and incorporate new information to improve outcomes
" “When you can show data to the medical staff, we gain a lot of credibility. We can test notions and theories because we have the tools.’’"
Director of Quality Improvement
How SAS® Can Help
SAS for readmission analytics supports health care providers in both the prediction and prevention of avoidable readmissions, thereby improving patient health and system profitability. With SAS, you can:
- Identify and predict patients at high risk of readmission. By discovering individual patient readmission rates with SAS, you can understand and manage the key causal drivers to predict those most likely to be readmitted and tailor your intervention strategy to their specific needs.
- Exercise the most cost-effective and appropriate patient-specific interventions. SAS uses predictive analytics for real-time decision making by physicians and other care team members. By incorporating both clinical and other nonclinical information about patients, SAS is able to predict propensity to change, preferred communication channels, and the most suitable message or intervention at the individual level.
- Capture and analyze patient data on demand for a real-time readmission risk score. With SAS, you can incorporate new information to reprioritize intervention recommendations during patient interactions to produce the best outcomes and to inform workflows with new insights.
- Pool cross-system data to see patterns needing optimization. Readmissions analytics from SAS provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and other relevant restrictions.
How SAS® Is Different
No other analytical platform captures the power of analytics necessary to proactively manage readmissions as well as SAS does:
- SAS' industry-leading predictive capabilities use traditional and nontraditional data sources to improve individual risk scoring capacity and accuracy. Convert unstructured and narrative data – such as clinical observations and comment fields – into useful information for analytics.
- SAS is a proven leader in applying advanced analytics to understand individual behavior and using predictive analytics to influence that behavior.
- On-demand updating of readmission risk scores allows you to determine the best course of action to reduce that risk.
- Incorporating optimization analytics not only adds structure and repeatability to decision-making processes, it can optimize your readmission risk investments, allowing you to get the best readmissions rate with your available resources.
Related Products and Solutions
- Data Quality
- SAS® Enterprise Miner™
- SAS® Enterprise Guide®
- SAS® Enterprise BI Server
- SAS® Marketing Automation
- SAS® Real-Time Decision Manager
No one wants inaccurate information. This is especially true for decision makers who depend on high-quality data as the basis for critical decisions. In addition, with the increase in regulatory oversight, maintaining quality data that complies with internal and external regulatory compliance requirements is essential.
SAS Data Quality enables you to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information your organization receives. By integrating data quality within data integration and business analytic projects, organizations can transform and combine disparate data, remove inaccuracies, standardize on common values and cleanse data to create a strategic, trustworthy and valuable asset that enhances decision-making power.
SAS® Enterprise Miner™
SAS Enterprise Miner streamlines the data mining process to create highly accurate predictive and descriptive models based on large volumes of data from across the enterprise. It offers a rich, easy-to-use set of integrated capabilities for creating and sharing insights that can be used to drive better decisions.
Forward-thinking organizations today are using SAS data mining software to detect fraud, minimize risk, anticipate resource demands, reduce asset downtime, increase response rates for marketing campaigns and curb customer attrition.
SAS® Enterprise Guide®
SAS Enterprise Guide is a point-and-click, menu- and wizard-driven tool that empowers users to analyze data and publish results. It provides fast-track learning for quick data analysis, generates code for productivity and speeds your ability to deploy analyses and forecasts in real time.
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS® Marketing Automation
SAS Marketing Automation is a comprehensive solution to plan, test and execute marketing campaigns so you can improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness. By increasing retention and driving higher rates of new customer acquisitions, it can help you achieve a better return on investment and a healthier bottom line.
SAS® Real-Time Decision Manager
SAS Real-Time Decision Manager combines SAS Analytics with business logic and contact strategies to deliver intelligent, real-time recommendations to interactive channels such as websites, call centers, POS and ATM locations. Meeting each customer's needs at the right time and place, and in the right context, helps you become more profitable.
SAS/OR software provides a powerful array of optimization, simulation and project scheduling techniques to identify the actions that will produce the best results, while operating within resource limitations and tight restrictions. It enables organizations to consider more alternative actions and scenarios, and determine the best allocation of resources and the best plans for accomplishing goals.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.