Measure, track and improve performance more effectively
" "We can improve metrics such as productivity per specialist and predict financial results. And we get better marketing results through customer segmentation.""
—Ivo van der Klei
Chief Financial Officer
How SAS® Can Help
Understanding and monitoring effectiveness – and achieving true performance improvements – involves more than better budgeting, reporting and control; it encompasses the methodologies, processes, metrics, software and systems that make it all possible. With SAS, you can:
- Integrate structured and unstructured data across the hospital site by accessing performance data regardless of location or format, then standardizing and cleansing the data using embedded data quality techniques so that it's ready for analysis.
- Ensure complete transparency by centrally managing budget submissions and approvals so that all users can see and understand performance and financial results, and create visual workflows that track data from final reports back to the source.
- Accurately assign output and outcome process costs with associated program resources and activities using activity-based management techniques that include consumption-driven modeling methods, measurement of unused capacity, activity-based budgeting, what-if scenarios and simulation analysis.
- Visualize strategy using strategy maps and diagrams to improve alignment between top-level goals and departmental objectives and budgets.
Provide decision makers with self-service reporting tools that offer fast, simple access to reports and analysis via a Web interface that can be tailored to the different skills and needs of individuals.
How SAS® Is Different
SAS provides the only integrated suite of performance management solutions from a single vendor that facilitates both strategic and operational decision making. With SAS, you gain the benefits of:
- A complete, integrated environment. A unified platform lets you integrate, share, centrally manage and use data across the entire organization. Each step in the process is integrated with the next, which avoids the technology gaps that can negatively affect processing time, data accuracy and IT resource demands.
- A common metadata layer. With a common metadata layer, you can easily use existing database infrastructures, as well as control and track concurrent access to metadata.
- World-class analytics. Our unmatched predictive and advanced analytics let you formulate and evolve your analysis as needed to obtain the best results and discover new insights more quickly and easily.
- Model lifecycle process management. We streamline the process of creating, managing and deploying analytical models, as well as tracking and monitoring model performance throughout the model life cycle.
- Transparency and auditability. Only SAS provides end-to-end transparency – from data access to final reports – and self-documenting processes to ensure compliance and facilitate auditability.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Activity-Based Management
- SAS® Business Analytics
- SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
- SAS® for Performance Management
SAS® Activity-Based Management
SAS Activity-Based Management is an analytic application that models business processes to determine cost, profitability and drivers. With this solution, organizations can make informed decisions that streamline processes, deliver revenue growth and reduce costs across the organization. By providing process, cost and profitability insights, SAS Activity-Based Management reveals how unprofitable customers may be destroying up to 400 percent of your net profit – and helps you understand how to prevent this.
SAS® Business Analytics
To lead your organization in today’s challenging economic climate, you need fact-based answers that you and others can believe in. Traditional approaches to decision support have not yielded optimal results. SAS provides the world’s best analytics embedded in a framework that supports the entire decision making process. This helps our customers find answers to immediate business issues and implement their visions for the future.
SAS® DataFlux® Data Management
SAS provides an integrated environment of solutions, tools, methodologies and workflows that enables organizations to manage big data as a valued asset, driving both core operational processes and strategic decision making. With these data management capabilities, organizations can make full use of all incoming data to uncover hidden insights and increase competitive edge.
The breadth of SAS DataFlux technologies helps organizations lower costs, increase efficiency and productivity, and provide measurable value. High-performance, scalable solutions ensure that organizations can successfully complete the most demanding data integration, data management and data governance projects.
SAS® for Performance Management
At SAS, performance management refers to how an organization leverages its assets (people, money and technology) to achieve short-, medium- and long-term strategic goals. Through an approach intended to improve value creation, performance management requires you to:
- Control cost without sacrificing future growth objectives
- Understand what drives cost and profit (or value)
- Improve agility
- Identify and respond to environmental, social and economic risks and opportunities
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.