" We were in an environment where we spent 70 to 80 percent of our time scrubbing, extracting, transforming and loading data – with less than 30 percent of time spent on analysis. With SAS, in many instances, those numbers have flip-flopped."
— Joseph Randazzo
Manager, Actuarial Services, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
How SAS® Can Help
In order to have the most accurate forecasts and pricing strategies, health plans need a complete complement of predictive data elements working together. It's also vital to understand what medical trends are developing that may require an adjustment in pricing and forecasting strategies. With SAS you can:
- Gain full access to – and control of – your data with an accurate, consistent view of all information from every source.
- Glean more value from existing systems by using existing data more effectively and adapting to the changing needs of your actuarial and underwriting tasks.
- Conduct detailed segmentation/analysis and determine optimum reserves using a broad range of analytic techniques across all sources.
- Enable streamlined forecasts for executives to include in their annual business plans.
- Achieve significant stabilization in valuation estimates, an expansion in product pricing options, enhancements in process organization and efficiency, and increased sophistication in modeling techniques.
How SAS® Is Different
Only SAS offers a completely integrated framework that encompasses the industry's most comprehensive suite of business analytics software and solutions delivered to you in a single environment.
- Comprehensive data management capabilities – from one-time migrations to complex, real-time data integration projects – let you organize data from multiple databases into one accessible data warehouse, as well as meet all your data management needs in a way that is appropriate for your organization's unique circumstances.
- Flexible reporting capabilities let you make discoveries, get answers to complex problems and deploy accurate results and information throughout your organization.
- Advanced, predictive analytics enable you to move from reactive to proactive decisions.
Related Products and Solutions
SAS® Enterprise BI Server
SAS Enterprise BI Server is a comprehensive, easy-to-use business intelligence software solution that integrates the power of SAS Analytics and SAS Data Management to provide insights that power better decisions. It includes role-based, self-service interfaces for all types of users within a well-defined IT governance framework and a centralized point of administration. This helps organizations simplify and speed business intelligence deployment.
SAS® Enterprise Data Integration Server
SAS Enterprise Data Integration Server is a powerful, configurable and comprehensive solution designed for managing big data that can access virtually all data sources; extract, cleanse, transform, conform, aggregate, load and manage data; support data warehousing, migration, synchronization and federation initiatives; support both batch-oriented and real-time master data management solutions; and create real-time data integration services in support of service-oriented architectures.
SAS® Forecast Server
SAS Forecast Server generates large quantities of forecasts quickly and automatically without the need for human intervention unless so desired. The software automatically chooses the most appropriate forecasting model, optimizes the model parameters and produces the forecasts. Time series data management capabilities are also included. The ability to preprocess transactional data can save organizations significant time and resources, and the unsurpassed scalability of SAS Forecast Server enables your business to operate more efficiently.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.