Workforce Programs Non-Compliance, Fraud and Improper Payments
Increase workforce program integrity and restore public trust by detecting fraud, waste and abuse
" Having the technology to do the data mining and analysis previously done manually has greatly enhanced our capability to go after those who are shortchanging the state."
— Curt Eysink, Executive Director
Louisiana Workforce Commission
How SAS® Can Help
With SAS, you can match up diverse data sets within the same environment – analyzing and scoring thousands of data points across tens or hundreds of thousands of claimants and employers. By staying focused on the key cases that need to be reviewed, you can be more effective and make the most of your limited resources. SAS helps you:
- Rise above traditional methods. SAS goes beyond traditional matching and rules-based approaches, employing a hybrid of sophisticated analytic techniques to detect fraud, waste and abuse in workforce programs.
- Empower existing staff to work more effectively. With SAS, your enforcement staff can achieve better outcomes without becoming analytics experts. SAS flags potential issues related to claims, employee misclassification, UI tax reporting, disability, workers' compensation coverage, and provider billings; then it ranks issues by the likelihood of abuse, error or fraud, as well as potential dollar impact.
- Detect entire networks of fraud or abuse. Using advanced models and predictive scoring to uncover possible connectivity with other claimants, businesses and providers, SAS scores and ranks for entire networks of potential fraud or abuse.
How SAS® Is Different
- Reduce investigation time. SAS automatically uncovers current and future cases of fraud and abuse and keeps staff focused on the right cases at the right time.
- Detect anomalies. SAS compares claimants, businesses and providers to their peers to identify anomalous outliers that present a more significant risk of abuse or fraud. This provides leads on both known and unknown types of fraud schemes.
- Connect the dots to get faster, better answers. Predictive analytics turns past patterns from known cases into predictive models that identify suspect characteristics and patterns earlier and with more accuracy.
- Holistically analyze social networks. SAS helps uncover and prevent fraud by going beyond individual and account views to analyze all related activities and relationships at a network dimension.
- Work in a smoothly integrated case management environment. SAS case management offers a structured environment that includes advanced capabilities for efficiently managing investigation workflows, attaching comments and documentation, and recording exposure and losses.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
- SAS® Enterprise Case Management
- SAS® Visual Analytics
- SAS® Information Management
SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
Government agencies face enormous challenges in attempting to prevent improper payments caused by fraud, waste and abuse. In the US, the federal government estimated more than $115 billion in improper payments was lost in fiscal year 2011 alone – a conservative estimate at best. And it's the taxpayer who ends up footing the bill. The SAS Fraud Framework for Government can help agencies at all levels of government wage a war against the misuse of government funds.
SAS® Enterprise Case Management
SAS Enterprise Case Management enables investigators and operational risk managers in a variety of industries – banking, insurance, government, health care, etc. – to streamline processes and conduct more efficient, effective investigations, leading to reduced costs and better fraud prevention. The solution provides a structured environment for managing investigation workflows, attaching comments or documentation and recording financial information, such as exposures and losses.
SAS® Visual Analytics
No matter the size of your organization – or your data – with SAS Visual Analytics you can explore all relevant data quickly and easily. Now you can look at more options, uncover hidden opportunities, identify key relationships and make more precise decisions to drive success faster than ever before. Self-service, ad hoc visual data discovery and exploration put lightning fast insights within everyone's reach.
SAS® Information Management
SAS can help you manage the entire information continuum with unified technology solutions and strategy and implementation services that span data, analytics and decision management. SAS Information Management enables organizations to fully exploit and govern their information assets to provide competitive differentiation and sustained success.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.