VSTI, A SAS Company
Making intelligence more powerful, relevant and comprehensive
Using SAS®, intelligence organizations can raise analysis and knowledge discovery to a new level. SAS combines its intellectual property, integrated analytic framework, experience, partner network and professional services to deliver end-to-end solutions that complement your current operating environment.
Effective, predictive intelligence
In a fast-paced, mission-critical environment, a military operation revolutionized the way it created intelligence using SAS®. It can now more quickly access, review, produce and disseminate indicators, warnings and exploitable intelligence to commanders in the theater to help save lives.
How SAS® Can Help
Through Vision Systems and Technology Inc. (VSTI), a SAS company, SAS provides deep domain knowledge, analytics expertise and professional services with a workforce of cleared personnel and subject-matter experts. As data volume and analytical complexity continue to grow, VSTI provides organizations with the capabilities necessary to meet current, planned and unforeseen high-performance analytics requirements, pre-empt cyberthreats, reveal suspicious financial activity, evaluate social media and assess risk.
SAS provides the robust engine that can integrate, process, analyze and visualize the enormous amounts of multi-INT structured and unstructured data that analysts have to sift through to produce the high-quality, comprehensive analysis upon which decision makers rely. By offering significant efficiencies in the intelligence environment and allowing you to automate manual, labor-intensive processes, SAS and VSTI free up resources so that analysts can focus on countering new threats.
SAS solutions for national security can help you:
- Proactively manage the growth of data volume, velocity and variety. Access, integrate, cleanse and standardize data with SAS data integration and data quality solutions. Then, prioritize your data according to your current mission needs and understand the data and anomalies in your data in new ways.
- Derive essential meaning from big data. Analyze unstructured data and perform entity extraction and ontology management using SAS Text Analytics. Reveal unknown and abnormal patterns of behavior with SAS data mining. Apply link analysis to reveal relationships between entities with SAS Social Network Analysis.
- Accelerate time to access and analysis of data. Reduce the time you spend performing analysis on your data from hours to seconds, and easily scale to ever-increasing volumes of data so you can explore big data faster and answer big analytics problems quickly and with confidence.
- Build foundations for analytic expertise and cultures. Drastically reduce the development time of advanced analytics solutions that identify relevant information and produce predictive insights.
- Agilely respond to changing technologies such as Hadoop and cloud computing. Manage increasing amounts of data in the manner that makes the most sense to your agency.
How SAS® Is Different
No other vendor delivers such a powerful arsenal of data management, analytical and visualization tools, delivered in a truly integrated framework. With SAS and VSTI you get:
- Excellence in high-performance analytics. SAS Analytics software is recognized by our customers and industry experts as best in class. We continue to push the boundaries on different ways to approach problems with new algorithms and functionality that take our users and their organizations to the next level of analytic insight.
- Unparalleled scalability. SAS software's ability to handle huge volumes is unsurpassed by our competitors. Customers in intelligence operations with massive amounts of data rely on the ability of SAS to scale with their missions.
- Innovation. Since its inception, SAS has continuously invested 20-25 percent of top-line revenue into research and development. With VSTI as part of the SAS family, development efforts in innovative technologies that can provide real customer value in high-speed in-memory solutions, cybersecurity solutions, data cleansing and data reduction strategies.
- A proven partner. With their deep resource pool of talented individuals, SAS and VSTI have proven repeatedly that they can solve the most complex problems by applying leading statistical and mathematical techniques.
- Stability. SAS is the largest privately held software company in the world, with 2011 revenues of more than $2.74 billion. Since 1976, SAS has demonstrated sustained growth -making it one of the most solid and stable companies in the industry.
Related Products and Solutions
- SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
- Data Quality
- SAS® Social Media Analytics
- SAS® IT Resource Management
- High-Performance Analytics
- Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
SAS® Fraud Framework for Government
Government agencies face enormous challenges in attempting to prevent improper payments caused by fraud, waste and abuse. In the US, the federal government estimated more than $115 billion in improper payments was lost in fiscal year 2011 alone – a conservative estimate at best. And it's the taxpayer who ends up footing the bill. The SAS Fraud Framework for Government can help agencies at all levels of government wage a war against the misuse of government funds.
No one wants inaccurate information. This is especially true for decision makers who depend on high-quality data as the basis for critical decisions. In addition, with the increase in regulatory oversight, maintaining quality data that complies with internal and external regulatory compliance requirements is essential.
SAS Data Quality enables you to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information your organization receives. By integrating data quality within data integration and business analytic projects, organizations can transform and combine disparate data, remove inaccuracies, standardize on common values and cleanse data to create a strategic, trustworthy and valuable asset that enhances decision-making power.
SAS® Social Media Analytics
SAS Social Media Analytics is an enterprise-hosted, on-demand solution that integrates, archives, analyzes and enables organizations to act on intelligence gleaned from online conversations on professional and consumer-generated media sites. It enables you to attribute online conversations to specific parts of your business, allowing accelerated responses to marketplace shifts.
SAS® IT Resource Management
SAS IT Resource Management allows organizations to analyze, monitor and anticipate the utilization and performance of the IT infrastructure by providing an enterprisewide view of IT services and resources. The solution ensures delivery of IT services and resources in an efficient, cost-effective manner while demonstrating measurable value to business incentives.
High-performance analytics enables organizations to quickly and confidently seize new opportunities in order to make better choices ahead of competitors and create new value from big data.
Predictive Analytics and Data Mining
Today's organizations accumulate huge volumes of data from a variety of sources on a daily basis. However, turning increasingly large amounts of data into useful insights and finding how to better utilize those insights in decision making remains a challenge for most.
To get answers to complex questions and gain an edge in today's marketplace requires powerful, multipurpose predictive analytic solutions so you can learn from, utilize and improve on knowledge gained from vast stores of data. SAS provides a wide range of software for exploring and analyzing data to help uncover unknown patterns, opportunities and insights that can drive proactive, evidence-based decision making within your organization.
Ready to learn more?
Call us at 1-800-727-0025 (US and Canada) or request more information.